The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:46:53 +0000: Championship: Bournemouth sink QPR to climb table, Derby hold West Brom - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Huddersfield up to fourth in table after 3-0 win at Blackpool
- Ben Brereton Diaz scores fourth of season as Blackburn win
Dominic Solanke’s fifth goal of the season helped Bournemouth to end QPR’s unbeaten record following a 2-1 win in the Championship. The Cherries’ victory sent them joint-top of the table and extends their own unbeaten start after West Brom could only draw 0-0 at home against Derby.
Bournemouth and QPR were two of three teams in the division still yet to lose before the match at the Vitality Stadium, but the visitors made a poor start on the south coast. The centre-back Rob Dickie was easily dispossessed by Jaidon Anthony and the Cherries youngster proceeded to fire home after 12 minutes.Continue reading...
- Sat, 21 Aug 2021 17:41:33 +0000: Fulham edge ahead of West Brom at top of Championship thanks to Carvalho - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Mitrovic and Carvalho score in 2-0 home win against Hull
- Albion second on goal difference after beating Blackburn 2-1
Fulham moved to the top of the Championship by beating Hull 2-0 at Craven Cottage, while they were joined on 10 points from four games by West Brom, who won 2-1 at Blackburn.
Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho, as they had done against Millwall in midweek, scored first‑half goals as Fulham leapfrogged Albion on goal difference. Marco Silva was not entirely happy, however. The Fulham manager said: “It wasn’t the best performance, to be honest. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:54:25 +0000: Championship roundup: Ten-man QPR edge thriller; Forest beaten again - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Chris Willock scores QPR winner against Middlesbrough
- Bournemouth beat Birmingham; Derby beat Hull
QPR continued their unbeaten start to the Championship season with a 3-2 win at Middlesbrough despite falling behind and being reduced to 10 men.
Moses Odubajo was shown a second yellow card in the 50th minute. That formed part of a dramatic second half which caught fire when the Middlesbrough captain Jonny Howson turned Lee Wallace’s cross into his own net to cancel out Uche Ikpeazu’s seventh-minute penalty for the hosts.Continue reading...
- Tue, 10 Aug 2021 16:45:46 +0000: Southampton sign Chelsea’s Broja and £15m Adam Armstrong from Blackburn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Armstrong seen as replacement for Danny Ings
- Armando Broja, another forward, joins on season’s loan
Southampton have signed the Chelsea forward Armando Broja on a season’s loan and striker Adam Armstrong from Blackburn in a deal worth up to £15m.
Saints targeted the 24-year-old Armstrong, who scored 29 goals last season, as a replacement for Ings, who joined Aston Villa last week. The striker has signed a four-year deal at St Mary’s.Continue reading...
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 09:05:54 +0000: Alan Miller, former Arsenal and West Brom goalkeeper, dies aged 51 - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Miller’s other clubs included Blackburn and Birmingham
- Lee Dixon pays tribute to ‘one of life’s good guys’
The former West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough goalkeeper Alan Miller has died aged 51. Miller, who began his career at Arsenal, made 103 appearances for West Brom and 64 for Boro, helping the Teesside club to promotion to the Premier League in 1995.
Miller also had a spell at Blackburn, and loans at several other clubs including Birmingham and St Johnstone, before retiring from the game in 2003 because of a back injury.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:30:00 +0000: Arma loving life through the middle - Blackburn Rovers News
The hitman plundered 29 goals in all competitions during 2020-21
- Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:00:00 +0000: Lyons helps Shrimps into League One! - Blackburn Rovers News
It was a memorable Monday for the Northern Irishman and Morecambe
Brad Lyons signed off his season in style as he helped Morecambe to promotion to Sky Bet League One on Monday afternoon.
- Mon, 31 May 2021 13:30:00 +0000: Clubs confirmed for 2021-22 - Blackburn Rovers News
The play-off finals took place over the weekend and the teams have been confirmed for next term
Following the conclusion of the weekend's Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet League One play-off Finals, we can confirm the teams who Rovers will come up against in 2020-22.
- Mon, 31 May 2021 07:30:00 +0000: Lyons excited for Wembley outing - Blackburn Rovers News
“I’ve never watched a game there and hopefully it will be an occasion that I’ll never forget"
Brad Lyons wants to make his first trip to Wembley a memorable one when Morecambe take on Newport County in the Sky Bet League Two play-off Final this afternoon.
- Sat, 29 May 2021 14:00:00 +0000: You never stop learning - Blackburn Rovers News
Bradley Johnson's been reflecting on the 2020-21 campaign
Bradley Johnson's experienced pretty much everything in his long career but, even at 34, he admits he's still gaining knowledge every time he steps out onto the pitch.
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.