The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:36:17 +0000: Championship roundup: Warnock says Watford will walk promotion after Boro draw - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Hornets claim a point after conceding late goal from Bolasie
- Wycombe boost slim survival hopes with win over Rotherham
Neil Warnock tipped Watford to join Norwich in the Premier League next season after watching his Middlesbrough side claim a point in their lunchtime Championship clash at the Riverside Stadium.
League One leaders Hull extended their advantage to three points with a 3-0 home win over Northampton as promotion rivals Peterborough and Sunderland drew 1-1 at London Road.
Tranmere earned a draw at home to League Two leaders Cambridge, a point that moves them into the top three after Bolton's 14-game unbeaten run was ended by Newport County.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:41:26 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich beat Forest but Farke calls for focus - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Canaries extend lead over Watford at top of Championship
- Barnsley see off Wycombe 3-1; Bowyer’s Birmingham win
Norwich maintained their stranglehold at the top of the Championship with a comfortable 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest. Teemu Pukki scored his 22nd league goal of the season and Kieran Dowell added a second before half-time as the Canaries broke a club record with their ninth consecutive league win.
Daniel Farke’s side extended their lead over second-placed Watford to 10 points with 10 games remaining, but the manager has asked his players to remain focused.Continue reading...
- Tue, 09 Mar 2021 20:32:30 +0000: EFL roundup: Ayew on spot again as Swansea stumble to draw at Blackburn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- André Ayew penalty earns 1-1 draw at Ewood Park
- Joey Barton critical of referee after Bristol Rovers win
André Ayew scored a penalty for the fourth game in a row but Swansea missed a chance to move into the Championship’s top two as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Blackburn.
Ayew’s previous two spot-kicks earned latewins over Middlesbrough and Stoke, and on Tuesday his 41st-minute penalty cancelled out Bradley Dack’s opener to earn a point as Blackburn missed a host of chances to claim victory. Swansea move level with second-placed Watfordwith a game in hand.Continue reading...
- Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:00:33 +0000: Championship at halfway: miracles at Swansea and a Rooney-led revival - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
Norwich are top but have not hit full tilt and Neil Warnock is targeting a remarkable ninth promotion with Middlesbrough
Things could soon get snug at the summit but, for now, leaders Norwich have a four-point advantage over Swansea, where Steve Cooper continues to work minor miracles. For Daniel Farke the good news is that in 11 of the past 12 seasons, the team top at Christmas have clinched promotion. The bad news? For their rivals, it is that they are not yet at full tilt. Norwich have the same manager and almost an identical team to the one that secured this crown two years ago – the Tottenham loanee Oliver Skipp has slotted into midfield – but it is largely a tried and trusted formula; Tim Krul in goal, Max Aarons marauding into the box, Emi Buendía pulling off preposterous passes, and Teemu Pukki putting the ball in the net.Continue reading...
- Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:45:47 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich will not sell Emi Buendía, says Daniel Farke - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Buendía scores as Norwich seal first win in three
- Lowe scores twice as Swansea beat Watford
The Norwich manager, Daniel Farke, has insisted Emi Buendía will be staying at club after watching him produce another brilliant winner to see off Barnsley 1-0 at Carrow Road.
The Argentinian playmaker settled the game in memorable fashion just past the hour when he volleyed home a deep lofted pass, his sublime first touch leaving Jack Walton with no chance.
The return of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink as manager could not inspire bottom club Burton, who slipped to a 5-1 home defeat against Oxford. Matt Taylor and two Olamide Shodipo goals put the visitors out of sight, despite Kane Hemmings' consolation, before the break, with Josh Ruffels adding a fourth and fifth in the second half.
Carlisle made the most of previous leaders Newport County’s frozen pitch to move into top spot after beating Walsall 2-0. Omari Patrick fired the opener into the roof of the net, with Joshua Kayode putting the result beyond doubt.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:00:00 +0000: Loan Rovers: Carter and Chapman in the goals and a clean sheet for Pickering! - Blackburn Rovers News
A look at the fortunes of the Rovers players who featured on Tuesday evening
It was a mixed midweek for the Rovers players who are currently featuring out on loan with other teams.
- Wed, 14 Apr 2021 08:15:00 +0000: The milestone man... - Blackburn Rovers News
Adam Armstrong says he's proud to have reached a half-century of goals for Rovers
- Wed, 14 Apr 2021 07:00:00 +0000: Rovers named North West Community Club of the Year - Blackburn Rovers News
Outstanding community work rewarded with regional prize
Blackburn Rovers have been recognised as one of the regional winners of the Your Move Community Club of the Year as part of the EFL’s Day of Action.
- Tue, 13 Apr 2021 12:30:00 +0000: “Travis is a massively important footballer for our football club" - Blackburn Rovers News
Tony Mowbray has been full of praise for Lewis Travis' impact on Rovers
Tony Mowbray was understandably pleased to have Lewis Travis back available at the weekend, with the combative midfielder selected to start against Cardiff City.
- Tue, 13 Apr 2021 11:00:00 +0000: Armstrong reflects on a positive point - Blackburn Rovers News
But the hitman also felt the result didn't match the performance against Cardiff
Adam Armstrong felt Rovers were more than worthy of the point at Cardiff City, but added that it was a case of the same old story for Tony Mowbray's men in south Wales.
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.