The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:00:33 +0000: Championship at halfway: miracles at Swansea and a Rooney-led revival - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
Norwich are top but have not hit full tilt and Neil Warnock is targeting a remarkable ninth promotion with Middlesbrough
Things could soon get snug at the summit but, for now, leaders Norwich have a four-point advantage over Swansea, where Steve Cooper continues to work minor miracles. For Daniel Farke the good news is that in 11 of the past 12 seasons, the team top at Christmas have clinched promotion. The bad news? For their rivals, it is that they are not yet at full tilt. Norwich have the same manager and almost an identical team to the one that secured this crown two years ago – the Tottenham loanee Oliver Skipp has slotted into midfield – but it is largely a tried and trusted formula; Tim Krul in goal, Max Aarons marauding into the box, Emi Buendía pulling off preposterous passes, and Teemu Pukki putting the ball in the net.Continue reading...
- Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:45:47 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich will not sell Emi Buendía, says Daniel Farke - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Buendía scores as Norwich seal first win in three
- Lowe scores twice as Swansea beat Watford
The Norwich manager, Daniel Farke, has insisted Emi Buendía will be staying at club after watching him produce another brilliant winner to see off Barnsley 1-0 at Carrow Road.
The Argentinian playmaker settled the game in memorable fashion just past the hour when he volleyed home a deep lofted pass, his sublime first touch leaving Jack Walton with no chance.
The return of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink as manager could not inspire bottom club Burton, who slipped to a 5-1 home defeat against Oxford. Matt Taylor and two Olamide Shodipo goals put the visitors out of sight, despite Kane Hemmings' consolation, before the break, with Josh Ruffels adding a fourth and fifth in the second half.
Carlisle made the most of previous leaders Newport County’s frozen pitch to move into top spot after beating Walsall 2-0. Omari Patrick fired the opener into the roof of the net, with Joshua Kayode putting the result beyond doubt.Continue reading...
- Sat, 12 Dec 2020 17:28:55 +0000: Championship roundup: Pukki keeps Norwich top as Bournemouth hit five - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Norwich stay at summit after 2-1 win at Blackburn
- Solanke hits two as Bournemouth thrash Huddersfield
Teemu Pukki’s 50th goal on his 100th appearance gave Championship leaders Norwich a 2-1 win at Blackburn.
The Finn was the difference between the sides, firing Norwich ahead with a clinical finish midway through a first half which they dominated, and in which he also struck the woodwork. Rovers deservedly levelled through a special Harvey Elliott goal shortly after the restart before Pukki restored Norwich’s advantage in the 65th minute.
Hull and Lincoln held onto the top two spots in despite both suffering defeats.
Newport saw their lead at the top cut after a 2-1 defeat at Leyton Orient.Continue reading...
- Wed, 02 Dec 2020 22:37:24 +0000: Norwich lose to Luton as Watford and Reading gain ground at the top - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Goals from Pearson and Collins seal 3-1 win for Hatters
- Draws for Watford and Reading put them within point of leaders
Norwich slipped to their first defeat in almost two months as they were beaten 3-1 at Luton in the Championship on Wednesday night.
A goal from Matty Pearson and a penalty from James Collins secured victory for the Hatters at Kenilworth Road after Emi Buendía had cancelled out George Moncur’s opener. The game was one of six in the EFL on Wednesday to welcome back supporters, and those inside seemed to inspire the home side as they denied Norwich a way back into the contest.
League OneContinue reading...
- Tue, 27 Oct 2020 23:12:02 +0000: Championship roundup: Reading score inside 10 seconds in win at Blackburn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Royals win 4-2 at Ewood Park to go seven points clear at top
- Wycombe seal first point of season after 1-1 draw with Watford
Reading scored inside 10 seconds as they continued their best start to a season for 35 years with a 4-2 win at Blackburn. The Royals are a surprise package following Veljko Paunovic’s appointment midway through pre-season as they won for a seventh time from eight games.
The foundations of the victory at Ewood Park was won in a crazy opening 18 minutes where Reading went 3-1 up thanks to goals from Yakou Méïté – clocked as the fastest in the club’s history – Michael Olise and Josh Laurent. Adam Armstrong had made it 1-1 and then got Blackburn back in it in the second half, but Lucas João killed the game in the final 10 minutes.Continue reading...
- Royals win 4-2 at Ewood Park to go seven points clear at top
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 20:56:00 +0000: Report: Manchester City Under-23s 1-1 Rovers Under-23s - Blackburn Rovers News
Sam Burns' strike isn't enough for Rovers, who have Louie Annesley sent off late on
Sam Burns' strike ensured Rovers picked up a point in their first game of 2021, but Billy Barr's charges probably deserved all three against Manchester City's Under-23s.
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 18:00:00 +0000: Gallery: London City Lionesses v Rovers Ladies - Blackburn Rovers News
All the action from a frustrating day for Gemma Donnelly's side at Dartford
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:00:00 +0000: A bit of magic was the difference - Blackburn Rovers News
Tony Mowbray was thrilled to earn a victory and clean sheet against his hometown club
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:50:00 +0000: We prepared right, reflects Darragh - Blackburn Rovers News
The skipper earned the Man of the Match following a superb display at the back
Darragh Lenihan says good preparation was part of the reason Rovers edged out Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday.
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:15:00 +0000: Gaffer hails "top class" Kaminski - Blackburn Rovers News
“I’m just delighted that the recruitment department came up with Thomas Kaminski because he is a joy to work with every day"
Tony Mowbray heaped praise on Thomas Kaminski after a second successive clean sheet on the road.
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.