The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 13 Jan 2018 18:07:38 +0000: Football League: Doncaster's Ferguson rages at 'disgusting' refereeing standards - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Ferguson says referee missed ‘blatant penalty’ against Plymouth
- Championship leaders Wolves are held as Derby see off Birmingham
• A sixth win in eight matches for Gary Rowett’s Derby County ensured they remain second in the table. As integral to their hopes of promotion as Rowett is striker Matej Vydra, who bagged his 15th goal this term – three times as many as he mustered last season – in a 3-0 win over lowly Birmingham. As for Wolves, they were forced to settle for a draw at Oakwell. Diego Jota struck the bar for the visitors while Barnsley introduced £750,000 recruit Kieffer Moore off the bench, but they played out a stalemate.Continue reading...
- Sat, 30 Dec 2017 20:16:54 +0000: Football League: Derby go second while nine-man MK Dons stun Posh - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Derby end December unbeaten with a 2-1 win at Ipswich to go second
• Nine-man MK Dons hang on for an hour to beat Peterborough
• Derby County completed an unbeaten December by going second in the Championship as they beat Ipswich 2-1 at Portman Road. Rams manager Gary Rowett described the win as their “biggest result of the season” and they got it with goals either side of half-time from Sam Winnall. Joe Garner got the Ipswich goal – the first conceded by Derby since their home defeat against the same opponents back in November – but the visitors stayed the course. Wolves’ last-gasp victory over Bristol City in the tea-time kick-off means Rowett’s team stay in the top two.Continue reading...
- Tue, 26 Dec 2017 19:01:00 +0000: Football League: Bristol City go second as Cardiff are hit for four by Fulham - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Bristol City 2-0 Reading; Millwall 2-2 Wolves
• Blackburn close on League One leaders; Luton hit five
Cardiff City’s blip continued as they followed defeat at Bolton with a heavy home loss to Fulham to drop out of the top two, allowing Bristol City to climb into the automatic promotion places.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Nov 2017 12:02:29 +0000: Brad Friedel: Mauricio Pochettino helped me become a coach - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
The former goalkeeper has been appointed the new head coach of New England Revolution. He says his experience in the Premier League will be invaluable
Mauricio Pochettino didn’t miss a thing.
“He’s one of the very best out there and I have no problem saying that,” Brad Friedel said last week as he settled into his new role as head coach of MLS’s New England Revolution. “His attention to detail and what I was able to see and learn from him, was priceless. The best way to describe it is, yes, he knows the tactics that he wants to play, and yes he knows how to implement them in training, but it’s all the extracurriculars around being a head coach that he manages himself, his staff, and all around him so well.Continue reading...
- Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:17:54 +0000: Brad Friedel appointed head coach of MLS's New England Revolution - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Former USA, Blackburn and Villa goalkeeper gets first head coach role
- Revolution have appeared in five MLS Cup finals but have never won
The former USA, Blackburn and Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Friedel has been named as the new head coach of the New England Revolution.
Friedel, who also had spells at Liverpool and Tottenham in a Premier League career spanning almost two decades, had been coaching the United States’ under-19 team prior to accepting the challenge with the Major League Soccer team. He also played in MLS for Columbus Crew.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:49:00 +0000: Report: Rovers U18s 2 Watford U18s 0 - Blackburn Rovers News
Confident display from the young Rovers who make easy work of Watford at a drizzly Ewood Park
Two first half goals did the damage as Rovers progressed to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup with a comfortable victory over a lacklustre Watford at Ewood Park.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:30:00 +0000: Tony wary of overfilling his squad - Blackburn Rovers News
"You don't want to overfill your football club with quality players who you can't get on the pitch."
'Too many cooks spoil the broth,' is a phrase often used, and that's exactly the view Tony Mowbray has when discussing his January signings.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:35:04 +0000: Buckley: We'll have to be at our best - Blackburn Rovers News
Young midfielder aiming for more cup exploits against Watford tonight
Midfielder John Buckley insists the Rovers youngsters will have to do ‘everything right’ in order to progress to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:55:00 +0000: Hart joins Rochdale on loan - Blackburn Rovers News
The defender has made seven appearances in all competitions this season
Rovers can confirm that defender Sam Hart has joined Rochdale on loan for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:17:51 +0000: Payne another quality option, says Tony - Blackburn Rovers News
Boss tells iFollow Rovers he's thrilled to capture Jack
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.