The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:00:48 +0000: Pay cuts, furlough or deferrals: what are the Premier League clubs doing? - Aston Villa | The Guardian
From Arsenal to Wolves, we look at what the clubs are doing regarding pay for players, non-playing staff and casual staff
Arsenal continue to monitor the situation regarding player and staff wages and are playing an active role in the Premier League’s discussions. But there has been no decision taken and the focus has been on ensuring casual employees are looked after. All will be paid as normal until 30 April with the situation reviewed thereafter. Full-time employees were paid for the month on 27 March, as expected. For now there is little appetite to make redundancies. Nick AmesContinue reading...
- Tue, 31 Mar 2020 17:21:57 +0000: 'For 25 minutes I ran out of oxygen': Pepe Reina on battling coronavirus - Aston Villa | The Guardian
- Aston Villa keeper recalls ‘endless minutes of fear’
- Reina in ‘worst moments of my life’
- Coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Aston Villa goalkeeper Pepe Reina has revealed he endured “endless minutes of fear” after contracting coronavirus symptoms that left him unable to breathe. The 37-year-old said he was on the mend after “the worst moments of my life”.
Reina, on loan at Villa from Napoli, told Corriere dello Sport: “It is only now that I am winning the battle against coronavirus.” He began to feel unwell nearly two weeks ago.Continue reading...
- Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:36:11 +0000: Jack Grealish needs to show he really has grown up this time | Paul Doyle - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Aston Villa captain must ensure off-pitch conduct does not stop him from reaching the heights his talent puts within reach
Jack Grealish probably was not the only 24-year-old to ignore the government lockdown last weekend in order to go socialising, but he was the only one to do so almost immediately after lecturing hundreds of thousands of followers on social media about the importance of staying at home to keep people safe. His demonstration of a do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do attitude has led many people to rail that he is unfit to continue captaining Aston Villa, though others might suggest it marks him out as a future prime minister.
Grealish did a hypocritical and dangerous thing and his apology was not altogether satisfying, since his account of “what happened at the weekend” did not include any explanation as to how his Range Rover came to collide with several motionless vehicles. It would have been useful to hear his version of events given so many other people are offering theirs, real or imagined. It will be interesting to see what West Midlands police make of the matter. Maybe they will confirm reports that the player faces no charges. So far they have declined to do so.Continue reading...
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:38:17 +0000: Jack Grealish apologises for 'stupidly' ignoring lockdown to visit friend - Aston Villa | The Guardian
- Aston Villa captain feels ‘deeply embarrassed’
- Grealish disciplined and fined by ‘deeply disappointed’ club
Jack Grealish, the Aston Villa captain, has apologised for breaking the government lockdown after being pictured at the scene of a road accident on Sunday morning.
Without giving any details about the incident in Solihull when a Range Rover crashed into two parked cars, the player admitted he was at the scene after defying the ban against non-essential travel by going to visit a friend.Continue reading...
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:36:41 +0000: Police investigate after Jack Grealish pictured at traffic incident - Aston Villa | The Guardian
- Driver contacted after Range Rover crashed into parked cars
- Pictures apparently show Aston Villa captain at scene in Solihull
West Midlands police have contacted the driver of the Range Rover near which the Aston Villa captain, Jack Grealish, was pictured following the vehicle’s collision with parked cars on Sunday morning.
“Arrangements have now been made to obtain more details around the circumstances of the collision from the driver,” said West Midlands police in a statement, without disclosing the driver’s identity.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.