The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 15:04:02 +0000: Sun apologises for false claim about policing during Grealish attack - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Paper admits group collecting for Birmingham pub bombing victims did not distract officers
The Sun has apologised to the families of the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings after wrongly suggesting that police resources were diverted at a football match to deal with a group of campaigners who were raising funds to pay for legal fees.Continue reading...
- Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:54:35 +0000: Football’s new-wave disorder presents a troubling symptom of trapped rage | Barney Ronay - Aston Villa | The Guardian
The assault on Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish reflects the airborne plague spread via Twitter and other areas of society
“He might be a fan, he might be a nutter, but he’s on my turf and I’m gonna chop the mother down” – the words of Keith Richards, who famously raised his Fender Telecaster and used it as a club to repel a stage-invading fan as the Rolling Stones played Satisfaction at the Hampton Coliseum in 1981.
Aston Villa v Preston, 2 Oct 2018Continue reading...
- Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:00:00 +0000: Birmingham City fan who assaulted Jack Grealish is jailed for 14 weeks - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Paul Mitchell also banned from football for 10 years
• Grealish: ‘It could have been so much worse’ if fan had weapon
The Birmingham City fan who punched Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish during Sunday’s second city derby has been jailed for 14 weeks after pleading guilty to assault and illegally entering the field of play.
Paul Mitchell, 27, was also banned from football for 10 years and ordered to pay £100 compensation to Grealish for the pain, discomfort and shock of the assault as well as a £115 victim surcharge and £135 in costs. He has also been banned for life by Birmingham City.
Aston Villa v Preston, 2 Oct 2018Continue reading...
- Sun, 10 Mar 2019 20:21:00 +0000: Football urged to protect players after fan punches Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Aston Villa captain attacked early during second city derby
• Paul Mitchell, 27, will appear at Birmingham magistrates
Football is facing urgent calls to improve player safety after the Aston Villa captain, Jack Grealish, was assaulted on the pitch by a spectator in the latest among a rash of troubling crowd-related incidents in recent weeks.
Aston Villa v Preston, 2 Oct 2018
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.