The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:16:13 +0000: Dean Smith praises 'resolute' Aston Villa after win at Manchester United – video - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Speaking after his side's 1-0 win over Manchester United on Saturday, Aston Villa manager Dean Smith said his defence 'stood resolute' against Manchester United's front four. 'People will look at it and say it's a big win, but for me it's a big performance,' said Smith. Aston Villa took the lead through a Kortney Hause header, only for Hause to give away a penalty moments later after handling Bruno Fernandes's cross into the area. However, Fernandes went on to miss the penalty and Villa held on to win.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:40:39 +0000: Aston Villa’s Kortney Hause wins it as Manchester United blow penalty - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Breathless and riveting: Manchester United and Aston Villa put on a show that was half-football, half-basketball and which ended with the surreal sight of Bruno Fernandes hacking over an added-time penalty that would have shared the points.
After Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s moan that spot-kicks had dried up for United since Jürgen Klopp complained in January that they were being awarded a surfeit, Fernandes’s miss offered a comical and cruel irony for the Norwegian.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:52:00 +0000: Manchester United v Aston Villa: match preview - Aston Villa | The Guardian
After losses to Young Boys in the Champions League and West Ham in the Carabao Cup and, considering Manchester United’s star-laden squad, Ole Gunnar Solskjær could use a win, in a game brought forward from 3pm because of a Courteeners concert at the other Old Trafford. Aston Villa, who handed Everton a 3-0 defeat in their last league outing, should arrive confident, though the last time they won here was December 2009. Jamie Jackson
Saturday 12.30pmContinue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:30:10 +0000: Carabao Cup fourth round draw: West Ham v Man City, Arsenal v Leeds – as it happened - Aston Villa | The Guardian
West Ham’s reward for beating Manchester United at Old Trafford is a tie against their neighbours while Preston will host Liverpool
Millwall: Long, Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Cooper, Leonard, Pearce, Thompson, Mahoney, Mitchell, Evans, Bradshaw.
Subs: Smith, Malone, Saville, Bodvarsson, Afobe, Ballard, Bialkowski.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:12:18 +0000: Reece James’s penalty helps Chelsea win shootout with Aston Villa - Aston Villa | The Guardian
The finishing was nothing like the standard of Jimmy Greaves, paid dutiful and deserved respect when hailed ahead of kick-off as the finest Chelsea striker of all. Sometimes, though, mistakes and gaffes make for great entertainment. Especially so in the low-stakes early rounds of a competition managers use to experiment with the outer limits of their squads.
And the penalty shootout followed a similar pattern, with Ben Chilwell repeating the feat of England left-back predecessor Ashley Young in whacking his spot-kick off the crossbar. Reece James walloped home the decisive kick after Chilwell’s miss briefly delayed the home fans’ celebrations – Marvelous Nakamba had also missed – and Chelsea will face Southampton in the next round.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:37:30 +0000: Man Utd 0-1 Aston Villa: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer frustrated by 'clear offside' for Villa winner - BBC Sport
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says there was a "clear offside" in the build-up to Kortney Hause's goal in Aston Villa's 1-0 win at Old Trafford.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:29:36 +0000: Man Utd 0-1 Aston Villa: Dean Smith pleased with 'aggressive' and 'brave' display - BBC Sport
Aston Villa manager Dean Smith says his side were "aggressive" and "brave" in their 1-0 win at Old Trafford, which saw Bruno Fernandes miss a 93rd-minute penalty.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 14:07:20 +0000: Manchester United 0-1 Aston Villa: Bruno Fernandes misses late penalty as Villa win at Old Trafford for first time in 12 years - BBC Sport
Bruno Fernandes misses a 93rd-minute penalty as Aston Villa win at Old Trafford for the first time in 12 years in a thrilling match.
- Thu, 23 Sep 2021 19:54:28 +0000: Aston Villa's Leon Bailey out for three weeks with thigh strain - BBC Sport
Aston Villa forward Leon Bailey, who scored one goal and set up another in a 3-0 win over Everton at the weekend, is ruled out for at least three weeks.
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:31:49 +0000: Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa (4-3 on pens): Blues win shootout to reach Carabao Cup last 16 - BBC Sport
Reece James scores the winning penalty in a shootout as Chelsea reach the last 16 of the Carabao Cup at Aston Villa's expense.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.