The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:30:02 +0000: Unai Emery says Arsenal can forget top four if they lose to Chelsea - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Fifth-placed Arsenal are six points behind Saturday’s visitors
• Emery wary of threat of Eden Hazard in Emirates showdown
Unai Emery accepts that Arsenal’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League via Premier League position will be over if they lose to Chelsea at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Related: Arsenal v Chelsea: match previewContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 20:00:29 +0000: Arsenal’s era of austerity is not over yet: Emery must make do and mend | David Hytner - Arsenal | The Guardian
High wages, the lack of Champions League revenue and Kroenke’s parsimony are making the Gunners uncompetitive
It was the news that Arsenal supporters had longed to hear and it was delivered with an uncharacteristic flourish by Ivan Gazidis. The date was 6 June 2013 and the club’s then chief executive told a group of journalists that Arsenal’s austerity era – necessitated by the move to Emirates Stadium in 2006 – was over.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:05:18 +0000: Arsenal v Chelsea: match preview - Arsenal | The Guardian
For Arsenal, the situation is laced with peril. Lose and their top-four hopes could be over. Unai Emery’s side have hit a downturn, losing three of their last six league games, but the defeats have come away from home. As Emery has been happy to point out, Arsenal have been impressive at the Emirates. Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders, with goals difficult to come by. January transfer activity (or the lack of it at Arsenal) provides the background noise. David Hytner
Saturday 5.30pm BT Sport 1Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:07:54 +0000: Unai Emery casts doubt over any Arsenal loan signing in January - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Emery: ‘Not easy to take players that can help us now’
• Manager working ‘normally’ with departing Sven Mislintat
Unai Emery has made it clear that bringing a loan signing to Arsenal this month will be difficult, although the manager suggested the impending departure of the club’s head of recruitment, Sven Mislintat, would have no effect on their efforts in the transfer market.
Emery said last week that Arsenal were exploring loan deals only – the club spent heavily by their standards last summer – and he has an interest in Barcelona’s Denis Suárez, who would bring a fresh option on the wing. Emery has other targets such as the Sevilla midfielder Éver Banega as the club look to plan for the end-of-season departure of Aaron Ramsey to Juventus on a free transfer.Continue reading...
- Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:00:25 +0000: Arsenal’s sunny outlook is now threatened by gathering clouds - Arsenal | The Guardian
After grand plans, unbeaten runs and good vibes come shabby results, transfer issues and Sven Mislintat’s impending exit
Three months ago, with the autumn sunshine beaming into the boardroom Arsenal built to overlook the pitches of their Hertfordshire training base, ambition seemed to course from the new leadership team promoted to run the club in place of the outgoing Ivan Gazidis.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.