The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:27:40 +0000: Six English ESL breakaway clubs agree to pay £22m to grassroots causes - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Clubs and Premier League settle on punishment payment
- Sum is less per club than average squad member’s yearly salary
The six English clubs who attempted to join the European Super League have agreed a settlement with the Premier League in which they will pay £22m between them to causes that support “the good of the game”. The sum is more than was agreed with Uefa in a similar act of contrition but still amounts to less per club than they would pay an average squad member in a year.
A further agreement was struck on new rules to prevent such a breakaway from happening again. In future each club agreeing to enter a competition without the consent of the league would pay a fine of £25m and receive a 30-point deduction. Under the terms of the ESL, the six – Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham – had planned to continue playing in their domestic leagues as well as in the invitation-only competition.Continue reading...
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 09:05:54 +0000: Alan Miller, former Arsenal and West Brom goalkeeper, dies aged 51 - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Miller’s other clubs included Blackburn and Birmingham
- Lee Dixon pays tribute to ‘one of life’s good guys’
The former West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough goalkeeper Alan Miller has died aged 51. Miller, who began his career at Arsenal, made 103 appearances for West Brom and 64 for Boro, helping the Teesside club to promotion to the Premier League in 1995.
Miller also had a spell at Blackburn, and loans at several other clubs including Birmingham and St Johnstone, before retiring from the game in 2003 because of a back injury.Continue reading...
- Thu, 03 Jun 2021 13:39:12 +0000: ‘It’s really over’: Former Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner confirms retirement - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Dane also played for Sunderland, Birmingham and Wolfsburg
- 33-year-old won a Serie A title with Juventus
The former Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has announced his retirement from football aged 33.
Danish international Bendtner, who also had spells at Sunderland, Birmingham and Juventus, scored 30 times for his country in 81 games in an international career spanning 12 years.Continue reading...
- Wed, 26 May 2021 11:40:19 +0000: The loaned out players returning to the Premier League with high hopes - Arsenal | The Guardian
Oliver Skipp, Harvey Elliott and William Saliba have had an impact on loan. Will they do the same for their parent clubs?
With the season coming to an end, loan players across Europe will be wondering where their futures lie. Here are 10 players who are returning to the Premier League hoping to consolidate first-team spots at their parent clubs.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 May 2021 07:00:23 +0000: Premier League 2020-21: the best photos from a tumultuous season - Arsenal | The Guardian
Our picture editor Jonny Weeks selects his favourite images from the season including dodgy tackles, irate fans and unforgettable goals
With the start of the season delayed due to coronavirus and football fans still unable to attend matches, it was an eerie beginning to the 2020-21 football calendar. Few could have predicted how it would all turn out.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 14:25:37 +0000: Emi Buendia: Arsenal and Aston Villa interested in Norwich City playmaker - BBC Sport
Arsenal, Aston Villa and a European club are interested in signing Norwich City attacking midfielder Emi Buendia.
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 10:01:28 +0000: Alan Miller: Former West Brom, Arsenal, Middlesbrough and Blackburn keeper dies - BBC Sport
Tributes are paid to former West Brom, Arsenal, Middlesbrough and Blackburn keeper Alan Miller, who has died at the age of 51.
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 06:21:21 +0000: Match of the Day Top 10: Micah Richards recalls being humiliated by Thierry Henry - BBC Sport
On the latest Match of the Day Top 10 podcast, Micah Richards tells Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer about a humiliating experience defending against Thierry Henry.
- Wed, 02 Jun 2021 22:24:45 +0000: England 1-0 Austria: Bukayo Saka seals win with first international goal - BBC Sport
Bukayo Saka scores his first international goal as England warm up for Euro 2020 with a victory against Austria.
- Wed, 02 Jun 2021 10:15:59 +0000: Neal Maupay: Man guilty of Brighton & Hove Albion striker threats - BBC Sport
The conviction over threats to Brighton's Neal Maupay is the first of its kind outside the UK.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.