The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:32:05 +0000: Friendly roundup: Everton win 22-0 in Marco Silva's first game in charge - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Cenk Tosun and Kevin Mirallas score five each in Austria
- Arsenal beat Boreham Wood 8-0 in Unai Emery’s first game
Everton opened their pre-season with a rousing 22-0 victory against Austrian fifth-tier outfit ATV Irdning. The Toffees were far too strong for the opposition, as Marco Silva, in his first game in charge, witnessed 10 goals from his new team in the first-half alone.
It took just five minutes for Leighton Baines to tap home the opener, and it then became a procession. Cenk Tosun hit four and Ademola Lookman earned a hat-trick before the break, while Mason Holgate and Michael Keane netted one each.Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:29:20 +0000: Arsenal’s Unai Emery offers Mesut Özil support after demoralising World Cup - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Midfielder made scapegoat for Germany’s early exit
• ‘I want him to start with good mentality with us’ – manager
Unai Emery has offered Mesut Özil help and support at a time when the player is digesting the ramifications of a deeply demoralising World Cup experience. Özil’s tournament was problematic on and off the field, as he became a scapegoat for Germany’s dismal tournament, and his father has said he was “offended” by the nature of some of the criticism.
“We are here to help every player,” Emery said. “For us Mesut is a very important player. We want to help to be well, fine with us.Continue reading...
- Thu, 12 Jul 2018 15:32:26 +0000: Aaron Ramsey an important part of my Arsenal plans, insists Unai Emery - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Wales midfielder has only one year of contract remaining
• Emery reveals he had ‘honest conversation’ with Jack Wilshere
Unai Emery has been working intensively with his new players at Arsenal for two weeks and has been impressed enough with Aaron Ramsey to tell the powers-that-be that the Welshman is firmly in his plans.
Ramsey is into the last year of his contract and Arsenal are keen to avoid the problems they had last season with Alexis Sánchez in the same position. The Chilean was distracted in the first half of the campaign before being sold to Manchester United.Continue reading...
- Wed, 11 Jul 2018 11:25:21 +0000: Transfer round-up: Yarmolenko joins West Ham as Arsenal land Guendouzi - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Ukraine international the fifth Hammers’ summer recruit
- Gunners sign 19-year-old French midfielder from Lorient
West Ham are closing in on the signing of Felipe Anderson following the completion of the transfer of Andriy Yarmolenko, who has become the club’s fifth recruit of the summer transfer window. The Ukraine forward has joined from Borussia Dortmund on a four-year contract for an undisclosed fee.Continue reading...
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:07:40 +0000: Arsenal complete £26.5m signing of Uruguay midfielder Lucas Torreira - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Player’s arrival from Sampdoria delayed after World Cup
- Torreira will wear Mesut Özil’s number 11 shirt
Arsenal have made their fourth signing this summer under new manager Unai Emery by completing a €30m (£26.5m) deal for Sampdoria’s Uruguayan defensive midfielder Lucas Torreira.
The 22-year-old, who passed a medical at the club’s London Colney training complex on Tuesday, will not, though, be joining up with the Arsenal squad until early August having featured in all five matches of Uruguay’s run to the World Cup quarter-finals.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.