The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Sat, 19 May 2018 08:00:24 +0000: Per Mertesacker: ‘As Arsenal academy manager I will challenge the players’ mindsets’ - Arsenal | The Guardian
In an exclusive extract from his new book, the former defender explains what he learned during his career and how footballers must do more to condition their bodies
I invested a lot in my fitness. My personal network [of therapists] cost me 10% of my net salary, several hundreds of thousands of euros. But it was absolutely the right decision and it paid off as after two seasons I extended my contract by a further three years. I wouldn’t have been able to play for a top club for seven years in the Premier League without these additional therapies.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 21:30:09 +0000: Chelsea’s Cesc Fàbregas seeks FA Cup winner’s medal to replace one he lost - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Midfielder admits mislaying medal won with Arsenal in 2005
• ‘If you are a bit of a romantic, the FA Cup is very special’
Cesc Fàbregas will have an extra incentive to claim the FA Cup for a second time in his career after admitting he has mislaid his winner’s medal from his first appearance in the final, with Arsenal 13 years ago.
The Spain midfielder had just turned 18 when he started for Arsène Wenger’s team in the goalless draw with Manchester United at the Millennium Stadium. Fàbregas had relished his tussle with imposing opponents, who included Roy Keane in their number, before being replaced by Robin van Persie four minutes from the end of normal time, then watched Patrick Vieira convert the decisive spot-kick in the subsequent penalty shootout to claim the trophy with his final touch in an Arsenal shirt.Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 May 2018 19:00:48 +0000: Arsène Wenger: ‘I haven’t emptied my desk and in a way I am still in shock’ - Arsenal | The Guardian
In his first major interview since leaving Arsenal the manager discusses his future, not being consulted over his successor and whether Mikel Arteta has the qualities for the job
Arsène Wenger is finishing his breakfast in the Paris hotel where he has been coming for years and where the staff would not dream of addressing him in any other way than Monsieur Wenger, pronounced in hushed tones that convey the respect in which this grand man of world football is held in his native land.
Dressed in slacks and an open-neck dark blue shirt, the man we must now refer to as the former Arsenal manager has treated himself to a mini pain aux raisins and, having finished his tea (no milk, no sugar), moved on to an espresso. In a sign that he is, perhaps, starting to let himself go just a tiny little bit, he continues spreading raspberry jam on a slice of bread (no butter) as we prepare to look back over his 22 years running one of the world’s top clubs.
I have friends who can go and lay on a beach all day long and I envy them. I just can’t do that. I get bored.
People are too hard on PSG, too demanding. They just won all four national trophies in France and it’s not enoughContinue reading...
- Thu, 17 May 2018 11:00:25 +0000: Arsenal were close to signing Ronaldo and tried to secure Messi, says Wenger - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Wenger reflects on how he tried to sign both players in 2003
• ‘Ronaldo was very close. Messi didn’t work because of agents’
Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi could have played together at Arsenal had things worked out differently.
Arsène Wenger, who took charge of the final game of his 22-year reign on Sunday, has revealed how he tried to sign both in 2003. Ronaldo went to Manchester United before joining Real Madrid and Wenger was unable to prise Messi from Barcelona.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 May 2018 17:28:15 +0000: Mikel Arteta is strong favourite to replace Arsène Wenger at Arsenal - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Spaniard considering his backroom team after positive talks
• Former captain seen as better fit than Max Allegri by club
Mikel Arteta is the strong favourite to succeed Arsène Wenger as manager at Arsenal, with productive talks having progressed between his camp and the club.
Conversations are so advanced that Arteta is giving thought to the people he might want in his backroom team. It is unclear whether Steve Bould would stay, with Wenger’s assistant not always seeing eye to eye with Arteta when they were together at Arsenal.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.