The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:30:14 +0000: Arsenal hierarchy say club never pursued super league breakaway - Arsenal | The Guardian
• We will not weaken Premier League, says Vinai Venkatesham
• ‘We are in conversations, it doesn’t mean we support them’
Arsenal’s hierarchy say they are not about to abandon the Premier League in search of a European Super League breakaway. Although they were part of the group that had discussions about the prospect, the Premier League remains the priority.
“Arsenal aren’t or never have been interested in playing in any competition that weakens the Premier League,” the managing director, Vinai Venkatesham, said. “The Premier League is the world’s leading league in the leading sport; we don’t want to do anything to damage it. I see these articles that Arsenal want to break away – we never want to do any of that. But we also have to recognise we have to be in these conversations or we wouldn’t be responsible. We have to be in the conversations – it doesn’t necessarily mean we support them.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 08:24:20 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Wigan Athletic's Nick Powell to Leipzig? - Arsenal | The Guardian
Today’s fluff has freedom of movement
Today’s Mill is jam-packed with players poised to swap the continent for Britain, and vice versa. That could all change after Brexit – with some reports suggesting Premier League sides would be restricted to just 12 (twelve!) overseas players. If it comes to pass, we can surely expect plenty of last-ditch passport applications and searches for British grandparents.
One man who could be boarding the last plane out of Luton is Aaron Ramsey. Milan have been linked with everyone from Arsène Wenger to Gunnersaurus since boardroom big cheese Ivan Gazidis rocked up at the San Siro, but with the Welsh midfielder out of contract in the summer, this could be a goer. Milan also like the look of Southampton’s Manolo Gabbiadini while Arsenal, who haven’t read the Brexit memo, want Lille’s Nicolas Pépé to cover for the crocked Danny Welbeck.Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 23:23:00 +0000: Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck undergoes two operations on broken ankle - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Club say both procedures ‘went well, without complications’
• Squad spoke to Welbeck on FaceTime before Wolves match
Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck has had two successful operations to repair his broken ankle, the Premier League club have announced.
The 27-year-old faces a long spell on the sidelines after suffering what the club described as a “significant” injury in last week’s goalless Europa League draw against Sporting.Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:13:30 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Arsenal | The Guardian
Hugo Lloris ends his madcap day on a high, Everton work out how to stop Chelsea and Salomón Rondón proves his worth
Unai Emery delivered an overdue update on Danny Welbeck, the Arsenal striker who was stricken against Sporting in the Europa League last Thursday. Welbeck, the manager reported, underwent surgery last Friday to repair his badly broken ankle and he will be out for some time. With Welbeck’s contract due to expire at the end of the season, has he played his final game for the club? Emery had more pressing matters with his strikers against Wolves and he made a tactical change at half‑time, switching from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2 in order to allow Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to come in from the flank and partner Alexandre Lacazette up front. In the first half, Aubameyang had routinely drifted inside from the left. He did not look comfortable in that role. Arsenal would improve to draw 1-1. Is it the best use of Aubameyang’s talents to play him off the wing? David HytnerContinue reading...
- Sun, 11 Nov 2018 21:56:12 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Arsenal | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight
- View the Dozen archive
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.