The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:59:05 +0000: Simeone weighs unleashing Diego Costa against Arsenal in first leg - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Atlético Madrid manager includes striker in squad following injury
• ‘Many teams have suffered at the hands of Diego,’ says Simeone
Diego Simeone says Diego Costa is ready to make his presence felt against Arsenal once again, after he included the striker in his Atlético Madrid squad for the Europa League semi-final first leg at the Emirates Stadium on Thursday.
Simeone said as recently as last weekend there was “no chance” that Costa could feature in the first leg because of the hamstring injury that has ruled him out of the club’s past three matches. But Costa trained hard on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Simeone faces a decision over whether to start him or use him as a substitute.Continue reading...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:56:57 +0000: 'Not really my decision': Arsène Wenger on the timing of his departure – video - Arsenal | The Guardian
As the time counts down on Arsène Wenger's tenure at Arsenal the Frenchman has given perhaps the clearest indication he wasn't ready to leave. The manager has been at the Gunners for almost 22 years, however he revealed that the sudden announcement of his departure was 'not really' his decisionContinue reading...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:14:40 +0000: Manchester United remind Arsenal what is at stake when replacing Wenger | Paul Wilson - Arsenal | The Guardian
United miscalculated the Alex Ferguson succession and, as Arsène Wenger prepares to visit Old Trafford for the final time with Arsenal, his club has all that potential disruption to come
Arsenal have only three away games left in the Premier League this season but happily there is still time for Arsène Wenger to return to Manchester United, the scene of many of the highs and lows in his extraordinary career.
One suspects the image that will surface most often this weekend is the iconic one of Wenger banished to the stands in 2009, arms outstretched at the pettiness of it all after being told by match officials that kicking a water bottle in frustration was far too grievous an offence to be allowed to remain on the sidelines.Continue reading...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:09:52 +0000: Arsène Wenger says timing of Arsenal departure ‘not really my decision’ - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Speaking before Atlético tie, manager says he will not retire
• ‘With two or three additions, this team can fight for title’
Arsène Wenger has provided the clearest indication yet that he did not want to leave Arsenal by revealing the timing of the decision was not down to him. The manager of almost 22 years announced last Friday he would depart at the end of the season, with the understanding being he jumped before he was pushed.
The club’s chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, offered a telling line last Friday evening. “There’s been a conversation, Arsène has made his decision and now that process [regarding a successor] begins.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:00:53 +0000: David Squires on … Arsène Wenger's 22 seasons at Arsenal - Arsenal | The Guardian
Our cartoonist looks back at the Frenchman’s highs and lowsContinue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.