The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:37:46 +0000: Arsenal coaching shake-up sees Ljungberg replace Bould as assistant - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Former Sweden midfielder steps up from under-23s role
- Ljungberg ‘looking forward to working in new structure’
Freddie Ljungberg is set to become Arsenal’s new assistant first-team coach, with Steve Bould taking charge of the under-23 team, the Premier League club have announced. Former midfielder Ljungberg steps up from his role with the under-23s to work with head coach Unai Emery.
“I’m really excited by this opportunity to continue helping develop and work with some of the great young players we have coming through in the first-team environment and to work alongside Unai and his coaching team to help Arsenal win trophies,” said Ljungberg.Continue reading...
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 17:17:41 +0000: Arsenal academy coach banned for abusive language to Under-9s referee - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Alex Nichols reduced teenage female referee to tears
• Nichols banned for three games and fined
An Arsenal academy coach has been fined and banned for three matches after he was found to have called a female teenage referee a “little prick” and reduced her to tears. The behaviour of Alex Nichols during and after an Under-9s game against Reading earlier in the year was described by a Football Association disciplinary panel as having “painted an abhorrent picture”.
Nichols was charged on two counts: for using improper language and behaviour towards the referee during the game and, more seriously, for insulting her afterwards.Continue reading...
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:56:46 +0000: Denis Suárez on his time at Arsenal: ‘From day 16 I wasn’t even at 50%’ - Arsenal | The Guardian
• I trained with medication but didn’t feel right, midfielder says
• Suárez wants to leave Barcelona but return to La Liga
Denis Suárez has described 2018-2019 as a year “to forget” and said he was only ever half-fit at Arsenal due to a pelvic injury. The Spanish midfielder also insists that he has no intention of continuing at Barcelona, where he still has two years left on his contract, but does not want to play in the Premier League again and prefers to remain in La Liga. Valencia have shown the greatest interest in signing him.Continue reading...
- Sat, 08 Jun 2019 16:37:14 +0000: Arsenal's Mesut Özil gets married, with Turkish president as best man – video - Arsenal | The Guardian
Mesut Özil, the former German international footballer, married his fiancee in Istanbul with the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, as his best man. The Arsenal midfielder, who has Turkish ancestry, previously sparked anger when he posed for photographs with the Turkish president last year. Özil married former Miss Turkey Amine Gülşe at a luxury hotel in Istanbul. where Erdoğan addressed the couple after the ceremony.Continue reading...
- Sat, 01 Jun 2019 15:40:05 +0000: José Antonio Reyes: Former Arsenal player dies aged 35 - video obituary - Arsenal | The Guardian
Former Arsenal player José Antonio Reyes died in a car accident aged 35, Spanish club Sevilla announced on Saturday. Reyes was playing at Extremadura following a career that included eight years at Sevilla and spells at Atlético and Real Madrid. The forward was part of Arsenal’s 2003-04 squad that completed an unbeaten Premier League season, and earned 21 international caps for Spain. His last match was a 1-0 win at Alcorcon on 18 May.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.