The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 09:28:26 +0000: West Ham sign Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from Swansea - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Fabianski joins on three-year deal after Swansea’s relegation
• Leicester seal £24m signing of James Maddison from Norwich
West Ham United have continued to bolster their rearguard by signing Lukasz Fabianski for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City.
The Poland goalkeeper has joined on a three-year deal after Swansea’s relegation from the Premier League and is a replacement for Joe Hart, whose disappointing loan spell from Manchester City has ended. Fabianski is expected to compete with Adrián for the goalkeeper’s position.Continue reading...
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 06:49:50 +0000: Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit due to ‘reduced playing time’ under Emery - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Midfielder says meeting with new manager made up his mind
• Wilshere wanted to stay at club he joined aged nine
Jack Wilshere has confirmed he is leaving Arsenal when his current contract at the club expires at the end of this month. The midfielder announced his decision on Tuesday evening after claiming his “playing time would be significantly reduced” under the club’s new manager, Unai Emery.Continue reading...
- Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:08:00 +0000: Arsenal confirm deal to sign goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen - Arsenal | The Guardian
• German set to sign five-year deal after £19m fee agreed
• Unai Emery will turn sights to Sampdoria’s Lucas Torreira
Arsenal have confirmed a deal to sign the goalkeeper Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen, believed to be for an initial €22m (£19.2m).Continue reading...
- Mon, 18 Jun 2018 15:54:00 +0000: Poland’s Wojciech Szczesny ready to rock after being reborn at Juventus - Arsenal | The Guardian
Former Arsenal goalkeeper, who had bad experiences at Euro 2012 and 2016, is out to seize the day in Poland’s World Cup opener against Senegal
Wojciech Szczesny tells the story against himself. It comes from his first season on loan at Roma from Arsenal in 2015-16 and it shines a light on his levels of assurance but also his self-awareness.
After a good deal of anticipation, the Japanese restaurant, Zuma, has opened in Rome and Szczesny, who knows the chain from London, wants a table. The Poland and Juventus goalkeeper has a contact who he calls and it is at this point when it is easy to imagine him styling it out. However, the answer is no. The eaterie cannot accommodate him.Continue reading...
- Sat, 16 Jun 2018 17:59:04 +0000: ‘He fell down very often’: Granit Xhaka set to lock horns with Neymar again - Arsenal | The Guardian
Switzerland talisman has no fears as he prepares to face Brazil nine years after stunning them at the Under-17 World Cup
Granit Xhaka’s first brush with Neymar was light yet memorable. “It did not take much for him to go down, even the slightest touch was enough – that’s how I remember him,” the Switzerland and Arsenal midfielder says. The confrontation took place at the Under-17 World Cup in 2009, when Xhaka’s team faced Neymar’s Brazil in their final group-phase match, and it was a direct one. Xhaka started at right midfield; Neymar on the left.
Switzerland were assured of going through, having won both their previous games, but Brazil needed at least a draw. They did not get it. Switzerland prevailed by the only goal, scored by Nassim Ben Khalifa – now of St Gallen – following a corner from Xhaka and the result provided the springboard to glory.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.