The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:47:36 +0000: David Ospina joins Napoli on loan deal from Arsenal - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Italian club have option to sign goalkeeper on permanent basis
• 29-year-old had fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal
David Ospina has joined Napoli on loan with the Italian club having the option to buy the goalkeeper from Arsenal on a permanent basis.
Ospina has fallen down the pecking order at Arsenal following the arrival of Bernd Leno from Bayer Leverkusen for €22m (£19.2m) earlier this summer, with Petr Cech maintaining his status as the club’s No1 goalkeeper. The Colombian has therefore decided to move on.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:20:43 +0000: We all have a brand to protect | The Fiver - Arsenal | The Guardian
Petr Cech has always stood high up in the Fiver’s estimation. During the Last Days of Wenger it would be the amiable shot-stopper who invariably fronted up to the media after spineless defeats and demoralising capitulations, trailing acquiescently behind a relieved press officer before he could even retreat to the showers and crack open the Wash & Go. Speaking of shampoo, Joe Hart used to be railroaded into similar confessionals after England humiliations; maybe disarming honesty is just a goalkeeper-ly thing. In which case you take Cech at face value when he says he is not at all happy with the wags behind Bayer Leverkusen’s Social Media Disgrace output.Continue reading...
To recap, Cech had just endured a rather challenging start to Arsenal’s New Era, at times finding the ball – with which he had been instructed to weave pretty patterns from the back – something of a hot potato. The most GIF-able moment came when he almost skewed one such pass into the back of his own net and that was enough for the Bundesliga club’s online gurus to come up with something very hilarious indeed.
“We might know a guy,” they chirped, following that tweet with a video of Bernd Leno – who moved from Leverkusen to the Emirates in June – starting a silky back-to-front move, ending in a goal, while of course wearing Leverkusen colours. Leno, a decade Cech’s junior, contented himself with watching Cech toil from the bench on Sunday but it is reasonable to assume he is Arsenal’s No 1-in-waiting. All jolly good fun, then, until the tide of Twitter revelry came to the attention of Cech himself.
- Mon, 13 Aug 2018 21:32:55 +0000: Petr Cech in online spat with Bayer Leverkusen over Twitter remarks - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Arsenal goalkeeper stung by tweets highlighting error
• Leverkusen: ‘Joke taken more personally than it should’
Petr Cech has become embroiled in an online spat with Bayer Leverkusen after the Bundesliga club’s Twitter account mocked his performance for Arsenal in Sunday’s defeat by Manchester City.
In case you all were wondering how to play out of the back... pic.twitter.com/LZkxznsGPsContinue reading...
- Mon, 13 Aug 2018 15:32:27 +0000: I would have left Chelsea if Antonio Conte had remained, says Willian - Arsenal | The Guardian
• ‘No chance’ I would have stayed, says Brazil international
• Willian confident Chelsea can defeat Arsenal on Saturday
Willian insists there is “no chance” he would still be at Chelsea if Antonio Conte had remained in charge.
The Brazil international was linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge for much of the summer with Manchester United and Barcelona reportedly interested.Continue reading...
- Mon, 13 Aug 2018 07:25:59 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Arsenal | The Guardian
Guendouzi is one of Arsenal’s few reasons to be cheerful, Naby Keïta is a thrilling talent no matter whose shirt he’s wearing, and Richarlison already looks worth the money
Wherever Arsène Wenger was watching, he would have approved of Mattéo Guendouzi’s presence at the base of Arsenal’s midfield. The 19-year-old was poached from Lorient, exactly the type of under‑the-radar Francophone deal in which the former manager delighted. Eager and energetic, his tousled locks and upright style make him stand out but, with City interchanging midfield passes at breakneck speed, Unai Emery had exposed him to a heavy workload – neither Granit Xhaka nor Aaron Ramsey showed much dedication to defensive duties. When Raheem Sterling blazed past him to score City’s opener, Guendouzi’s inexperience was exposed but so was neglectful defending from Mesut Özil and Héctor Bellerín. His passing was often chaotic but so was that of his midfield partners, particularly Xhaka. John BrewinContinue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.