The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:37:04 +0000: Premier League: the players whose stats have improved most this season - Arsenal | The Guardian
De Bruyne, Mahrez, McTominay, Traoré, Guendouzi and Matip are, according to our stats, playing much better than last season
With more than a fifth of the Premier League season now behind us, the table is taking shape and players have had time to get back up to speed. Some have done so significantly faster than others and really kicked on compared to their performances last season. Here are six players who have made big improvements on their showings last season.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 Oct 2019 09:52:58 +0000: Premier League reserves: where kids on £300 a week mix with millionaires - Arsenal | The Guardian
Héctor Bellerín played well for Arsenal Under-23s while returning from injury, but not every big star is a great example
Most of the Arsenal Under-23 team will have been unfazed by the thought of playing Liverpool at Meadow Park in Borehamwood in front of a crowd of 358. But a few of them may have been starstruck when they looked around and saw Héctor Bellerín in their defence. Bellerín’s appearance was unusual for two reasons. Star players returning from injury usually play for less than an hour and only do so in reserve games at the club’s own stadium. Bellerín played the full 90 minutes at a local non-league ground, setting up Arsenal’s second equaliser in a 2-2 draw.
Lining up alongside an established international should help the young Arsenal players develop. However, star names often prove as much aggro as they are worth for Under-23s managers. One told me: “We get different first-team players every game and it’s always for the benefit of the first team – not us. I never know who I’m getting until the day before a game, or even later. Put it this way: I never write out my team until I get to the ground! If we’re playing away, unless it’s close or we’re playing at a decent stadium, I assume I won’t get any first-team players. But if we’re at home and there’s no first-team game for a while, I might get half a dozen.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Oct 2019 20:22:57 +0000: Former goalkeeper Petr Cech to play ice hockey for Guildford Phoenix - Arsenal | The Guardian
• The 37-year-old retired from professional football in the summer
• Club play in the fourth tier of the British ice hockey pyramid
The former Chelsea and Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has joined British ice hockey team Guildford Phoenix.
The 37-year-old, who retired from playing football in the summer and rejoined Chelsea in an off-field role, has signed for Guildford as a goaltender.Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:48:00 +0000: Premier League: 10 standout statistics from the season so far - Arsenal | The Guardian
Leicester love a tackle, Villa like a scrap, Wolves enjoy a late goal, Watford can’t finish and Arsenal still don’t know how to defend
Despite their poor run of form, Ole Gunnar Solskjær has commended the spirit of his Manchester United players. However, the numbers tell a different story. When a team is short of ideas and quality in attack, it is always a good idea to go back to the basics of defending to rebuild. But United simply do not work hard enough to regain possession. They have won fewer tackles and interceptions combined (125 tackles and 66 interception) than any other team in the division. They are not be far behind Manchester City and Liverpool in those statistics but, crucially, United are not keeping the ball as well or pressing as effectively. They have won the ball in the attacking third just 27 times compared to City’s 49 and Liverpool’s 57.Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Oct 2019 09:37:05 +0000: I've been blamed even when I'm not playing, says Shkodran Mustafi - Arsenal | The Guardian
- Arsenal defender says criticism has become ‘irrational’
- German particularly angry about Emmanuel Petit comments
Shkodran Mustafi has opened up on his troubled time at Arsenal, admitting that he has become a target for the club’s fans, and said he would consider a move to the Bundesliga.
The defender joined the Premier League club in 2016 for £35m and he is still the most expensive German defender in history but his reputation has suffered ever since a 5-1 defeat at Anfield in December 2018.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.