The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 09:00:27 +0000: Brighton & Hove Albion v Stoke City: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Brighton put together a run of two wins and two draws, built on Glenn Murray’s four goals in three games, before the international break and are eighth in the table as a result. Lee Grant starts in place of the injured Jack Butland for Stoke and Murray will be relishing facing the replacement, especially as Stoke have conceded an average of two goals a game this season and just one fewer in total than the league’s worst tally. Graham Searles
Kick-off Monday 8pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:08:24 +0000: Premier League health check: the overachievers and underperformers | Paul Wilson - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour
They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tell you is that during the dog days of an international break, when nothing falls or rises and hopes and fears are put on temporary hold, the narrative becomes a bit less compelling.
You get sick of looking at the same thing, in other words, although Burnley, Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield will probably never tire of waiting for winter and the real meat of the season from a position in the top half of the table. As far as the first third of the season goes, some of those clubs are among the big winners, simply for delighting their fans by doing better than expected.Continue reading...
- Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:08:47 +0000: Premier League: biggest hits and misses from the summer transfer window - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
From a bargain triumph at Brighton to a costly success at Manchester City, and from a struggling £25m Leicester striker to an unseen defender at Southampton, we assess how last summer’s transfer business looks so far
Pascal Gross (Ingolstadt to Brighton, £2.6m)Continue reading...
- Mon, 06 Nov 2017 09:09:18 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Eden Hazard may tire of being kicked, Tony Pulis is under pressure at West Brom and Pep Guardiola may seek more firepower in January
Eden Hazard was fouled six times at Stamford Bridge. At one point in the second half the Belgium international was fouled by not one but three opponents in the colours of Manchester United, dragged to the ground by a combination of Nemanja Matic, Eric Bailly and Phil Jones like a man being crushed by falling trees. It is a regular experience for Chelsea’s No10, who can duck in and out from season to season, but who is at least consistent in his role as a human piñata for opposition teams. Hazard is kicked constantly in the Premier League, usually without complaint. He will be 27 in two months and it is hard to say whether he is a better player than he was three years ago. But at times, watching him get scythed down over and over again, you do wonder how long it might be before he feels the urge to play at a different pace in a less painful league. Barney RonayContinue reading...
- Sat, 04 Nov 2017 17:11:27 +0000: Glenn Murray strikes for Brighton as lacklustre Swansea stumble again - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
The mood has turned mutinous at Swansea City. It was like the first half of last season all over again as the Swansea supporters vented their anger, turning on the board after another woeful performance culminated in a fifth Premier League defeat in six matches and condemned them to a place in the bottom three.
“We want our club back” was one of the more polite chants on a day when Glenn Murray scored for the third game in succession to continue Brighton & Hove Albion’s excellent start to the season and briefly lift them up to eighth place. Swansea, such obliging opponents, registered only two shots on target and the brutal truth is that they already look like a team destined for the Championship.Continue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.