The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:12:36 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Woefully leaky Fulham are on course to concede 100 goals, and is it nearly time for Álvaro Morata and Chelsea to part ways?
On the eve of the new season Slavisa Jokanovic said Fulham “don’t have to change much but we need to be intelligent. We need to grow up.” Two months down the line and either Jokanovic underestimated how much Fulham needed to adapt to be ready for the Premier League or his players are not being as smart as he had hoped. Whatever the answer, Fulham did not spend more than £100m in the summer to be languishing in the relegation zone with one win from nine games and a defensive record that is in danger of becoming an embarrassment. Alarm bells should be ringing after Cardiff, who had scored only four times in their opening eight games, doubled their tally for the season against Jokanovic’s porous team. As things stand, Fulham are on course to concede more than 100 goals this season. They need to wise up fast. Stuart JamesContinue reading...
- Sun, 21 Oct 2018 19:08:07 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight
- View the Dozen archive
- View the Dozen archive
- Sat, 20 Oct 2018 16:25:47 +0000: Brighton’s Beram Kayal scrambles home to send abject Newcastle rock bottom - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Mike Ashley does not really do regrets but in a rare moment of introspection Newcastle’s owner did recently offer Chris Hughton a public apology for sacking him eight years ago.
It was a particularly harsh dismissal and only served to deepen the affection of Tynesiders for the leftwinger they dubbed “Comrade Chris”.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:28:54 +0000: Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Chris Hughton remains one of Newcastle’s most popular former managers but Tynesiders will be willing Brighton to suffer on Saturday as Rafa Benítez’s side seek their first win of the season. With only two points collected so far this has been an awful start on Gallowgate and alarm bells will really start clanging should the home side stumble once more. “The first win is always the most difficult,” says Benítez. “I think that, once we get it, things will become easier for us; we’ll have more confidence.” Louise Taylor
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 18 Oct 2018 23:01:07 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
José Mourinho will want to make a point at Stamford Bridge while Chris Hughton returns to a chaotic St James’s Park
In Manchester United’s last match, against Newcastle, José Mourinho demonstrated some of the audacity with which he made his name. He made a tactical substitution after 19 minutes, swinging a game his team was already losing 2-0 back in his side’s favour. Two of the three goals United scored came from his substitutes. It was an impressive demonstration of a coach’s ability to affect a match, the only shame being that the transformation was made necessary by the appalling performance of his starting XI. United are still some way from convincing anyone of their outstanding quality, with the best team they have beaten so far ninth-placed Watford. If they are to set a new marker in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off against Chelsea, Mourinho will have to demonstrate his tactical astuteness again – only without the woeful opening this time. SBContinue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.