The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 06:57:45 +0000: Ben White called into England’s Euro 2020 squad in place of Alexander-Arnold - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
- Brighton defender impressed in friendly against Romania
- He offers cover for injured Maguire and can play in midfield
Ben White has been called up as Trent Alexander-Arnold’s replacement in England’s squad for Euro 2020 after impressing against Romania on Sunday.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 May 2021 07:00:23 +0000: Premier League 2020-21: the best photos from a tumultuous season - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Our picture editor Jonny Weeks selects his favourite images from the season including dodgy tackles, irate fans and unforgettable goals
With the start of the season delayed due to coronavirus and football fans still unable to attend matches, it was an eerie beginning to the 2020-21 football calendar. Few could have predicted how it would all turn out.Continue reading...
- Sun, 23 May 2021 23:01:42 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Klopp’s underperformers pull their socks up, fearsome Fornals proves his worth and Foxes could mount a title challenge
A season that looked at once stage like a bona fide catastrophe for Liverpool has not only ended on a high but with a handful of their more maligned performers getting them over the line. Alisson put an error-riddled season behind him with last week’s glorious header. Trent Alexander-Arnold returned to the form that marks him out as a captain-in-waiting. Thiago Alcântara, whose integration to the side coincided with its calamitous downturn in form, swaggered majestically through the run-in. And Sadio Mané finished a campaign to forget with the goals that set the stage for next season. Which is not to say all is suddenly rosy at Anfield – the squad is getting no younger and one of Europe’s best midfielders has bid the club goodbye – but any talk of crumbling dynasties has been proved wildly premature. It says much about Jürgen Klopp that the most miserable year of his Liverpool tenure concluded with him grinning manically as he soaked up the acclaim of rapturous fans. Alex HessContinue reading...
- Sun, 23 May 2021 17:03:23 +0000: Arsenal miss out on Europe despite Nicolas Pépé double against Brighton - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
“Kroenke out, fans in,” read a billboard opposite the Emirates, but on this occasion there was a seat for those on both sides of the Arsenal divide. Josh Kroenke, the club director and son of its heavily under-fire owner Stan, joined 10,000 supporters inside the ground and witnessed a game that bred few easy conclusions.
All it really offered was further proof that anyone who analyses Arsenal does so at their peril. They finish the season as the Premier League’s form side, deserving their fifth straight win over a flat Brighton. At the same time, though, they pack up in the knowledge they will not play any form of European football in 2021-22.
Harry Kane has won the Premier League golden boot award for a third time after scoring in Spurs' 4-2 win at Leicester to take his season tally to 23. Kane, who looks likely to leave Tottenham this summer, also topped the scoring charts in 2015-16 (with 25 goals) and 2016-17 (29). Mohamed Salah went into the final day level with Kane, but could not find the net in Liverpool's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace.Continue reading...
- Sun, 23 May 2021 07:00:23 +0000: Premier League 2020-21 fans’ verdicts, part one: Arsenal to Leicester - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Fans review the season, and set out their transfer wishlists
• Part two: Liverpool to Wolves
Aubameyang’s goals kept us afloat in recent campaigns: his non-starter of a season badly exposed the squad’s limitations. The Europa League exit pointed to the fact that Arteta is still learning on the job, but the vast majority of fans seem willing to stay patient, just so long as our promising core of youngsters continues to prosper. It’d be ironic if he salvages something today by delivering St Totteringham’s Day, only to lumber us with the wooden spoon of Europa Conference qualification. 5/10Continue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Wed, 09 Jun 2021 06:06:15 +0000: Belgium and Brighton player Antef Tsoungui smashes our MOTDx Euros challenge - BBC Sport
Belgium and Brighton player Antef Tsoungui smashes our MOTDx Euros challenge.
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 08:11:16 +0000: Euro 2020: Ben White called up as replacement for Trent Alexander-Arnold in England squad - BBC Sport
Brighton's Ben White is called up to England's Euro 2020 squad in place of the injured Trent Alexander-Arnold.
- Wed, 02 Jun 2021 10:15:59 +0000: Neal Maupay: Man guilty of Brighton & Hove Albion striker threats - BBC Sport
The conviction over threats to Brighton's Neal Maupay is the first of its kind outside the UK.
- Mon, 31 May 2021 10:44:35 +0000: Glenn Murray: Former Brighton and Crystal Palace forward retires - BBC Sport
Former Brighton and Crystal Palace forward Glenn Murray has retired from football.
- Mon, 24 May 2021 12:41:13 +0000: Premier League predictions 2020-21: How accurate were the BBC Sport pundits? - BBC Sport
Twenty-five BBC pundits predicted who would win the 2020-21 Premier League title and finish in the top four - how did they get on?