The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sun, 05 Apr 2020 11:00:26 +0000: Finishing school: how Fortuna Sittard are giving a boost to young careers - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Brighton’s George Cox is the latest to benefit at the Dutch club and says many more English youngsters should look abroad
“Coming out here is definitely the best thing I’ve done,” George Cox says. The Brighton left-back is enjoying an interrupted season on loan at Fortuna Sittard, one of many players taking advantage of the chance to develop in the Eredivisie.
Fortuna are open about their transfer policy: they acquire young talent and give them the opportunity to play top-flight matches. The aim is to build up the players and sell them on. Loanees such as Cox have a clause allowing the club to sign them permanently and a chance regardless to show whether they are up to the rigours of the professional game.
You must see it as a school, that by going abroad you will learn something new with a new teacherContinue reading...
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 12:50:44 +0000: Brighton's Graham Potter takes pay cut and talks of challenges facing players - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
- Paul Barber and Dan Ashworth also reduce their salaries
- Move will ensure other staff continue to get full pay
Graham Potter has become the latest Premier League manager to take a voluntary pay cut as the coronavirus crisis continues to envelop football, and has acknowledged his Brighton players face a challenge to maintain their mental wellbeing in unprecedented circumstances.
Two unnamed first-team players are recovering at home after testing positive for Covid-19 and the rest are training in isolation in line with government advice. Potter said “one or two” were not sleeping well and were worried about events.Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:00:48 +0000: Pay cuts, furlough or deferrals: what are the Premier League clubs doing? - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
From Arsenal to Wolves, we look at what the clubs are doing regarding pay for players, non-playing staff and casual staff
Arsenal continue to monitor the situation regarding player and staff wages and are playing an active role in the Premier League’s discussions. But there has been no decision taken and the focus has been on ensuring casual employees are looked after. All will be paid as normal until 30 April with the situation reviewed thereafter. Full-time employees were paid for the month on 27 March, as expected. For now there is little appetite to make redundancies. Nick AmesContinue reading...
- Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:19:54 +0000: Brighton promise 1,000 match tickets to NHS workers and ask clubs to follow suit - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
- Brighton start club-to-club baton approach for initiative
- Project for Premier League, EFL, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Coronavirus – latest updates | See all our coronavirus coverage
Brighton have started an initiative for clubs in the Premier League, English Football League, Scotland and Northern Ireland to donate 1,000 tickets to frontline NHS workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
The Brighton chief executive and deputy chairman, Paul Barber, suggested a club-to-club baton approach and nominated Bournemouth, who said they would match the offer.Continue reading...
- Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:24:25 +0000: My favourite game: Manchester United v Brighton, 1983 FA Cup final replay | Philip Cornwall - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Back in the 1980s the FA Cup final was a huge event but my friend and I, aged 15, somehow managed to get tickets to this replay
It is hard for anyone much under 40 to grasp how important the FA Cup final used to be, how simultaneously desirable going to the Wembley showpiece was to an English football fanatic growing up in the 1970s and 80s. One of only two matches you knew would be televised live (along with England v Scotland), it overshadowed league football in a way unthinkable today.
In 1983, aged 15, I travelled to watch the 1983 final at the home of a Manchester United-supporting friend who lived at the far end of the London Underground line that runs through Wembley. Neither my friend Simon nor I settled down to watch United play Brighton with any thought of what might happen next.Continue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.