The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 10 Oct 2019 09:52:58 +0000: Premier League reserves: where kids on £300 a week mix with millionaires - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Héctor Bellerín played well for Arsenal Under-23s while returning from injury, but not every big star is a great example
Most of the Arsenal Under-23 team will have been unfazed by the thought of playing Liverpool at Meadow Park in Borehamwood in front of a crowd of 358. But a few of them may have been starstruck when they looked around and saw Héctor Bellerín in their defence. Bellerín’s appearance was unusual for two reasons. Star players returning from injury usually play for less than an hour and only do so in reserve games at the club’s own stadium. Bellerín played the full 90 minutes at a local non-league ground, setting up Arsenal’s second equaliser in a 2-2 draw.
Lining up alongside an established international should help the young Arsenal players develop. However, star names often prove as much aggro as they are worth for Under-23s managers. One told me: “We get different first-team players every game and it’s always for the benefit of the first team – not us. I never know who I’m getting until the day before a game, or even later. Put it this way: I never write out my team until I get to the ground! If we’re playing away, unless it’s close or we’re playing at a decent stadium, I assume I won’t get any first-team players. But if we’re at home and there’s no first-team game for a while, I might get half a dozen.”Continue reading...
- Mon, 07 Oct 2019 07:24:04 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
City need De Bruyne fit, Connolly is a rising star at Brighton and Everton’s Silva should beware the international break
Unai Emery, in his programme notes for the game against Bournemouth, spoke about the importance of balance and how he wants his side to be “competitive both defensively and offensively”. That is excellent in theory but it needs to be put into practice and yet again on Sunday there was little evidence of that. Arsenal won but they did not play well and the most glaring issue is the lack of an obvious plan. Are Arsenal meant to press aggressively, and if so why did that part of their game drop off so alarmingly? Are they meant to dominate possession, and if so why do their midfielders appear to spend more time running than playing passes? It is confusing and while injuries are an issue for Emery, particularly in regards to his first‑choice full-backs, it is fair to expect that after more than a year in charge his vision for the team would be much clearer. Sachin NakraniContinue reading...
- Sun, 06 Oct 2019 23:01:34 +0000: Mauricio Pochettino and his broken Spurs hit their lowest ebb | David Hytner - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Tottenham manager has time to reflect after an awful week in which opponents have played around and through his team
If looks could kill there would now be a crime scene at the mixed zone in Brighton’s stadium, around the spot where Eric Dier stopped to speak to those who wanted to make sense of how Mauricio Pochettino’s Tottenham tenure is unravelling. Dier is a laid-back guy but he is big and extremely tough, and there was genuine menace about the long pauses before some of his answers.
Spurs had been dismal in losing 3-0 to a team who had previously not won at home since 2 March, and the nonperformance came hard on the heels of the 7-2 Champions League humbling against Bayern Munich in north London last Tuesday.Continue reading...
- Sun, 06 Oct 2019 19:03:37 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Referees, bicycle kicks and ‘giving it back’ in this week’s roundup of the best top-flight pictures
- View the Dozen archive
- Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:24:40 +0000: 'We will bounce back': Pochettino on Tottenham’s 3-0 defeat to Brighton – video - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
The Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino, addressed his team's 3-0 defeat to Brighton in the Premier League on Saturday, saying Spurs would bounce back stronger. 'We need to feel the responsibility and take charge of that responsibility,' he added. It was also a day to remember for Graham Potter, who saw his team win their first league game at homeContinue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.