The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:52:47 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll and Sam Allardyce needs a result
Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly put them off the pursuit of Alexis Sánchez, whom they courted in the summer. Perhaps they believe he is set upon a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. Maybe they feel they cannot compete with the financial package Manchester United could offer. Possibly they deem the costs excessive. Yet, if that avenue is blocked, and with Crystal Palace unlikely to entertain offers for Christian Benteke, there remains the possibility Chelsea will explore Andy Carroll’s availability. Antonio Conte had hoped to secure a targetman over the summer and is apparently an admirer of Carroll, for all the 29-year-old’s patchy injury record. Such a move would once have seemed outlandish. Yet times may have changed. Dominic FifieldContinue reading...
- Sun, 14 Jan 2018 13:11:29 +0000: FA says it will investigate alleged remark by Jay Rodriguez to Gaëtan Bong - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
• Incident took place during West Brom’s 2-0 home win
• Striker Rodriguez pinched nose after clashing with Brighton defender
The Football Association has confirmed it will open an investigation into an accusation that the West Brom forward Jay Rodriguez made a racist remark to the Brighton defender Gaëtan Bong.
The governing body said Martin Atkinson, the referee, included in his report a mention of an alleged incident after he was made aware of it during Saturday’s match at The Hawthorns. In a statement, the FA said it would “begin making inquiries into the matter”.Continue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:16:22 +0000: Jonny Evans sets West Brom on path to victory to end 20-game winless run - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
West Brom’s long wait for a Premier League win finally ended as Brighton were beaten 2-0 at The Hawthorns. Jonny Evans’s early header set Albion on their way to halting a 20-game run stretching back to August, with fellow defender Craig Dawson heading in a second goal at the start of the second half.
The only downside for the home side was Jay Rodriguez being reported to the Football Association for a remark allegedly made to Brighton defender Gaëtan Bong. Yet the result itself was a weight off Alan Pardew’s shoulders as it gave him that elusive first league victory since he took over as manager nine matches ago at the start of December.Continue reading...
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:25:28 +0000: West Bromwich Albion v Brighton & Hove Albion: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
West Bromwich Albion finally ended their marathon run without a win in all competitions last time out but that was against League Two’s Exeter. Alan Pardew has an ideal chance to build on that against Brighton and to spark a revival as Chris Hughton’s side have scored just five goals on the road this season. Hughton will likely want to stifle West Brom as a result to maintain his side’s course for safety. Graham Searles
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Tue, 09 Jan 2018 00:16:59 +0000: Roy Hodgson changes tune on Brighton winner after ‘spiteful’ outburst at referee - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Despite initial suspicions Crystal Palace manager eventually accepts verdict of new video review system that striker’s goal did not involve any handball
Roy Hodgson admitted he had directed “spiteful” words at the referee, Andre Marriner, after watching the Brighton striker Glenn Murray put his Crystal Palace team out of the FA Cup with a potentially controversial late winner for 2-1. But Hodgson changed his tune entirely after being assured that Murray had not used his hand to ease the ball over the line. The assurances came via the Video Assistant Referee, which had been used for the first time in an English club match.
Liverpool v West Bromwich AlbionContinue reading...
Peterborough United v Leicester City
Huddersfield Town v Birmingham City
Notts County v Wolves or Swansea City
Yeovil Town v Manchester United
Sheffield Wednesday v Reading
Cardiff City v Manchester City
MK Dons v Coventry City
Millwall v Rochdale
Southampton v Watford
Middlesbrough v Brighton
Bournemouth or Wigan v West Ham
Hull City v Nottingham Forest
Newport County v Tottenham Hotspur
Norwich City or Chelsea v Newcastle United
Sheffield United v Preston North End
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.