The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 21:30:05 +0000: Chris Hughton remains defiant but Brighton seem paralysed by pressure | Dominic Fifield - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Brighton manager confident of Premier League survival but slump towards drop zone has raised questions about recruitment and leadership
Chris Hughton resorted to rattling off the positives. There were the recent away performances, “apart from the Chelsea one”, at Crystal Palace and Wembley. Going back further and Wolves, Saturday’s opponents, had been beaten last autumn in trademark Brighton fashion: plenty of robust defending, a clean sheet and a Glenn Murray finish to claim the points.
Then there was Pascal Gross’s return to fitness and that of José Izquierdo, players who have missed huge chunks of the campaign. The pair contributed 23 goals and assists last season in a team who scored only 34 times. Throw in, too, the reality Hughton’s side may need to muster only one positive result from five fixtures, starting at Molineux, to secure survival. Cardiff, the team clawing at their backs, will surely need two from four games. It should not be all doom and gloom.
Related: Wolves v Brighton: match previewContinue reading...
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:55:06 +0000: Wolves v Brighton: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Brighton are tanking and Wolves will hope they remain on their steep downward trajectory in order to bounce back from a poor defeat against Southampton. Five successive defeats for Brighton without scoring a goal is depressing and Chris Hughton’s side are fortunate to be sitting above Cardiff. The two-point advantage could evaporate quickly if Brighton fail again to show any sign of life. Wolves have been poor against sides in the bottom half but have a fully fit squad and the incentive of European football next season. The thought of Nuno Espíritio Santo adding to his talented squad for Thursday nights next season is tantalising. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:00:07 +0000: The Premier League teams’ ineptitude index 2018-19 - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
It’s awards time for the most incompetent teams in the Premier League, from those who can’t take throw-ins to others who revel in needless yellow cards
Welcome to the Guardian’s fifth annual index of ineptitude, a catalogue of calamity, a prospectus of the piss-poor.
As each season draws to a close, the best moments, players and teams of the year are all charted, celebrated and cheered. Which means that what comprises most of the rest of the Premier League experience is missed.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:27:39 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Hard for Manchester City and Spurs to serve up another classic, Everton can cause trouble for Manchester United and Chelsea fans should lap up Eden Hazard
Before the run-in even started, Liverpool looked like they might be consumed by nerves during it, so tentative were their performances against Leicester, West Ham and Manchester United. But they battled hard to avoid disaster, and now that the run-in is actually under way, are playing like a team who expect to be champions, either riding their good form or maintaining the patience and composure necessary to force the issue. Against both Tottenham and Chelsea, they could easily have flapped in frantic, frenetic style, but instead were able to increase intensity without sacrificing control, which brought them the goals that they needed. Or, put another way, Cardiff are in deep, deep trouble. DHContinue reading...
- Tue, 16 Apr 2019 20:41:59 +0000: Mendez-Laing and Morrison give Cardiff a lifeline and put Brighton in trouble - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
This was the kind of result to stoke Cardiff’s bid for survival with conviction rather than wildly optimistic hope. The gap to safety and Brighton has been whittled to two tantalising points. Given everything the Welsh club have endured this term, on and off the pitch, to be in such close contention with four games to play would already have seemed miraculous. Now, remarkably, the momentum may actually be with them.
The panic that gripped the majority inside this arena, players and supporters alike, betrayed as much with the home side overwhelmed by their newfound deficiencies long before the end. Where they wilted abjectly for the second home game in succession, their approach choked by anxiety and all confidence utterly drained away, Cardiff’s players and staff would congregate in front of the away support after the final whistle with belief pepped.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.