The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:33:47 +0000: Harry and Callum Wilson’s goals help Bournemouth surge past Brighton - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
In Eddie Howe’s office, the words of John Wooden, the American basketball coach, adorn a wall. One of Wooden’s renowned quotes refers to ignoring outside interference and a gutsy Bournemouth did just that to defeat Brighton.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:51:54 +0000: The Dozen: Pickford flies and red skies – best Premier League photos - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s actionContinue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 08:32:17 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Grealish, Saka and Chalobah shine in draws, while Newcastle are ready for reinforcements after a late win
Arsenal’s injury problems at left‑back have led them to explore signing Layvin Kurzawa from Paris Saint-Germain. But what if the solution lies closer to home? Bukayo Saka is 18 and earlier this season was being rightly lauded for his rich promise as a flying winger. But he has filled in at full‑back four times in the past month, most recently against Sheffield United on Saturday, and looks the part. Saka is tenacious, diligent, has speed and energy to burn and a knack of picking out teammates with his deliveries. “I think he could,” Mikel Arteta said when asked if Saka could carve out a long-term future in the role. “He is someone that’s never played there before but he’s really trying to do it as well as possible. You can see that he’s got many strengths to play in that position.” Club and manager might have hit upon something far more exciting than they expected. Nick AmesContinue reading...
- Sat, 18 Jan 2020 17:09:20 +0000: Jack Grealish’s strike earns Aston Villa a priceless point at Brighton - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
After the deluge, a draw that gives Aston Villa hope that the tide is turning in their season. Dean Smith’s side came into this game on the back of a 6-1 defeat by Manchester City and could have gone under again after Leandro Trossard fired Brighton into the lead. Instead they rallied and earned an equaliser thanks to a wonderful goal by Jack Grealish.
A typically excellent strike from their talisman was only one of the aspects of this game from which Villa could take encouragement, with others being their combativeness, a terrific late save from their new goalkeeper, Pepe Reina, and the fact that the draw was achieved without a recognised striker. That vacancy will soon be filled, as the Tanzanian forward Mbwana Samatta has passed a medical as the club puts the finishing touches to his £8.5m transfer from Genk. “The paperwork is being ticked off,” said Smith.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Jan 2020 11:08:01 +0000: Brighton v Aston Villa: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Aston Villa need to move on quickly from the 6-1 home thrashing by Manchester City and focus on how to get the better of their relegation rivals Brighton. Dean Smith’s side have a respectable 14 points from eight games against teams in the bottom seven so panic must not set in despite residing in the danger zone. A huge boost is Pepe Reina’s arrival between the sticks. His 285 appearances in the Premier League for Liverpool will provide guidance for the second-worst defence in the league – one goal shy of conceding two goals per game. Brighton will hope Reina’s advancing years render him a spent force at 37. Brighton would be well-advised to try to test him severely. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.