The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 10 Dec 2018 08:14:00 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Bournemouth are looking threadbare, Pep Guardiola shows the stomach for a fight and Leicester pine for Jamie Vardy
With the issues piling up in terms of Arsenal’s defensive composition, it almost passed unnoticed that against Huddersfield they managed a league clean sheet – their first since September. Centre‑back concerns felt strongly under the microscope at the end of a week when Rob Holding suffered a cruciate injury, Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Shkodran Mustafi picked up simultaneous suspensions for their yellow card count, and the German skulked off with an injury in any case. Unai Emery has to find, to borrow an old Wengerism, internal solutions for Sunday’s game at Southampton. Stephan Lichtsteiner and Nacho Monreal, career full-backs, could be drafted in to a back three. Laurent Koscielny has not played for seven months and was not deemed fit enough to come on against Huddersfield. Emery will have to make do and mend. Amy LawrenceContinue reading...
- Sun, 09 Dec 2018 18:24:26 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s Premier League action
- View the Dozen archive
- Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:28:45 +0000: James Tarkowski’s scrappy winner gives Burnley the edge over Brighton - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Sean Dyche admitted there was a feeling of relief after his Burnley side registered their first win in nine Premier League matches with a home victory against Brighton.
The goal came in the 40th minute when Jack Cork hit a shot and the ball went in off James Tarkowski’s chest. Having survived Brighton’s pressure in the second half to secure what was only their third league win of the season, the home side moved up from second-bottom to 17th in the table.Continue reading...
- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 13:29:16 +0000: Burnley v Brighton: match preview - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Burnley have to regard this as a must-win match, even if Brighton are 12 points better off and in the top half of the table. Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton are next for Sean Dyche’s side so they could easily be spending Christmas in the bottom three, uncomfortably aware some of the clubs around them are either showing signs of improvement or hopeful of climbing out of trouble after appointing a new manager. Brighton are unbeaten in their past three matches. Paul Wilson
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 00:00:07 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Chelsea are fragile before meeting Manchester City, Manchester United at home to the bottom club no longer looks a walkover and will it be same old for Saints despite a new manager?
It is far too early for any “I’m Sarri I haven’t a clue” headlines but the past few weeks have given a more accurate impression of the job Chelsea’s manager faces. Their defeat by Wolves was sloppy, particularly given they looked comfortable at 1-0 up, and with an evisceration by Spurs still fresh in the memory Sarri is presented with his first real bump in the road. The odds on things improving this Saturday, when Manchester City visit Stamford Bridge, are unpromising but Sarri has always been aware this would be a rebuilding effort and the squad still requires a mini overhaul if the gap with City is to be closed in the long term. The setback at Molineux proved that Sarri does not yet have the facility to rest key players: Jorginho, who stayed on the bench throughout, was missed and greater depth is surely a priority in January. City may show Chelsea how far there is to go; the hope must be that those in the club’s corridors of power are, for once, sympathetic. NAContinue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.