The Latest Brighton & Hove Albion FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 05 Jun 2019 11:00:46 +0000: 'The public only see the highs': the reality of Premier League youth teams - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Brighton coach Simon Rusk explains how he encourages young players while also preparing them for life outside the game
Having promoted young players in his previous roles at Östersund and Swansea City, new Brighton manager Graham Potter may look to the club’s talented academy players to bring new life to a squad that struggled to stay in the Premier League. However, Brighton under-23s boss Simon Rusk, recognises that most of the young players at the club will never grace the Premier League. His job is about far more than producing top-flight footballers.
“My ultimate role,” says Rusk, “is fine-tuning someone to be available for the first-team manager to select. My next role is for players who are just falling short of that: can I help that process for the club to sell someone? And if not, can they have a football career somewhere? And finally, can they walk out the door having still learned some life skills? We want them to look back and say it was still beneficial.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 May 2019 18:02:00 +0000: Graham Potter’s appointment is not a gamble, says Brighton’s owner - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
• Tony Bloom: ‘Graham became the outstanding candidate’
• Potter: job is culmination of ‘14 years’ hard work and sacrifice’
The Brighton & Hove Albion owner, Tony Bloom, has insisted Graham Potter’s appointment as manager does not constitute a risk as the club seeks to establish itself more securely in the Premier League after this season’s relegation scare.Continue reading...
- Sat, 18 May 2019 15:32:46 +0000: Graham Potter to leave Swansea for Brighton manager’s job - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
• Compensation figure over £2m agreed between clubs
• Potter to take three of his backroom staff with him
Brighton & Hove Albion are poised to confirm the appointment of Graham Potter as their new manager. After spending the last five days deliberating over his future, Potter has informed Swansea City he wishes to accept the opportunity to manage in the Premier League and the 43‑year‑old will also be taking three of his backroom staff with him.
It is understood the FA Cup semi‑finalists have met the release figure in Potter’s Swansea’s contract, which still had two years to run following his arrival from Östersund last June, and means the Premier League club will have to pay more than £2m in compensation.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 May 2019 12:38:19 +0000: Kick It Out apologises to Brighton for comments on sacking of Chris Hughton - Brighton & Hove Albion | The Guardian
• Organisation sorry for inference sacking linked to ethnicity
• Townsend: coaching opportunities ‘worse than square one’
The anti-discrimination campaign group Kick It Out has issued an unreserved apology to Brighton following comments by head of development Troy Townsend concerning the departure of Chris Hughton.
The Seagulls achieved Premier League survival for the second season under Hughton, but he was sacked a day after their campaign ended with a 4-1 home defeat by Manchester City, who were crowned champions again.Continue reading...
We have added the older news archives below:
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 18:38:04 +0000: Baldock signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton striker Sam Baldock agrees a new three-year contract with the club to run until the summer of 2020.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 17:34:52 +0000: Keeper Ryan joins Brighton in club record - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton and Hove Albion sign Australia goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia for an undisclosed club-record fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:30:04 +0000: Sidwell signs new Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Brighton midfielder Steve Sidwell signs a new one-year contract with the newly-promoted Premier League club.
- Tue, 30 May 2017 14:02:01 +0000: Bong agrees one-year Brighton contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Brighton & Hove Albion | BBC
Defender Gaetan Bong agrees a new one-year contact with Brighton who were promoted to the Premier League this season.