The Latest Bolton Wanderers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 16:33:13 +0000: Penalty palaver, Neymar and strife at Bolton and Bury – Football Weekly Extra - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
Max Rushden, Barry Glendenning, Nicky Bandini and Philippe Auclair discuss penalty rock-paper-scissors, strife at Bury and Bolton, the return of Serie A, Neymar’s movements and breaking news from the Netherlands
We look back at the last few days of football, starting with Wolves’ 1-1 draw against Manchester United, during which Paul Pogba missed a penalty he decided to take – apparently independently of the manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjær.Continue reading...
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:50:58 +0000: Bolton accept resignations of manager Phil Parkinson and his assistant - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Academy manager Jimmy Phillips takes interim charge
• Club statement: both men ‘leave with their heads held high’
Bolton Wanderers are without a manager after the beleaguered club accepted the resignations of Phil Parkinson and his assistant, Steve Parkin.
After both men handed in their resignations on Wednesday, the club said they would respond in due course – and a club statement on Thursday morning accepted their decision “with great reluctance”.Continue reading...
- Tue, 20 Aug 2019 16:29:18 +0000: Bolton facing points deduction after postponing Doncaster match - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• League One club set to be referred to independent commission
• Bolton facing another points deduction if guilty of misconduct
Bolton face another points deduction from the EFL after unilaterally postponing Tuesday’s League One home game with Doncaster.
“Welfare” concerns were cited regarding younger players being forced to play in all four games of the new season. Bolton went into administration in May and are prevented from signing new players.Continue reading...
- Mon, 19 Aug 2019 15:13:43 +0000: Bolton postpone League One game with Doncaster owing to ‘welfare’ concerns - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Bolton’s administrators not prepared to overwork young players
• Club unable to sign players and risk Football League sanctions
Bolton have postponed Tuesday’s home game with Doncaster owing to concern over the “welfare” of their young players.
The League One club have been in administration since May and Phil Parkinson has been forced to play teenagers in their opening games, including Saturday’s 5-0 defeat at Tranmere for which the manager had only three fit senior players.Continue reading...
- Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:34:40 +0000: Bolton sale closer after injunction blocking progress is amended - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Would-be owner Laurence Bassini used court order to block sale
• Football Ventures now hopeful of completing takeover
Bolton’s administrators hope to be able to complete the sale of the club unimpeded after an injunction lodged by the would-be owner, Laurence Bassini was amended.
The protracted summer-long takeover bid by Football Ventures had been near to completion when earlier this month Bassini, whose attempt to buy the League One club collapsed in May, was awarded a court order blocking the sale.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip got Bolton FC has been archived below:
- Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:20:00 +0000: Report: Bolton Wanderers vs. Ipswich Town - Bolton Wanderers News
Wanderers were defeated 5-0 by Ipswich Town this afternoon in a Sky Bet League One clash at the University of Bolton Stadium.
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 15:28:12 +0000: Tickets are still available for tomorrow's Ipswich Town clash! - Bolton Wanderers News
Tickets for Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One home fixture against Ipswich Town are still on sale!
- Fri, 23 Aug 2019 14:45:00 +0000: Match Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs. Ipswich Town - Bolton Wanderers News
Wanderers welcome Paul Lambert's Tractor Boys to the University of Bolton Stadium this weekend in a Sky Bet League One clash.
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:00:00 +0000: Club Statement: Phil Parkinson and Steve Parkin - Bolton Wanderers News
A Club Spokesperson said: “It is with great reluctance that Bolton Wanderers Football Club has accepted the resignations of Manager Phil Parkinson and Assistant Manager Steve Parkin from their positions at the University of Bolton Stadium.
- Mon, 19 Aug 2019 17:05:17 +0000: Ticket Refund Information: Wanderers v Doncaster Rovers - Bolton Wanderers News
Supporters who have already purchased tickets for Tuesday night’s postponed Sky Bet League One game against Doncaster Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium are advised that their tickets will be valid when the game has been rearranged.
Bolton Wanderers who are still reeling from being relegated last season have been showing much interest in many new players during the closed season as manager Owen Coyle looks to reinforce his squad for next season. The manager has a number of targets on his radar as he hopes to take Bolton straight back up to England`s top flight next year.
The first player who looks set to arrive at the trotters next season is the highly thought of Leeds United goalkeeper Andy Lonergan who looks all set to pen a new three year deal for Bolton. The goalkeeper has only last season signed a new three year deal at Leeds but with places not being available for him in the squad he looks all set to be playing his football in the Midlands next season in a deal thought to be worth around three million pounds.
Former Bristol City midfielder Kalifa Cisses is another player who looks set to join Owen Coyles side as they have taken him on a trial basis from the club from the south. Coyle has long been a huge admirer of the player who has found his chances very limited at Bristol and is looking for a new challenge and the deal looks all set to go through on a permanent basis as long as the player passes a medical.
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu is another player being linked to the side from Bolton as the highly rated Spaniard looks set to leave Stamford Bridge after seeing his chances of first team action being dealt a huge blow by the arrival of Eden Hazard as well as the proposed signing of Brazilian midfielder Oscar.
Another player who has recently left Bolton is defender Mark Connolly who has just been acquired by Crawley Town on a two year contract. Connolly has found his chances with Bolton very limited and has had to branch out in his search for first team football with Coyle said to be quite disappointed with the players decision to leave.