The Latest Bolton Wanderers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 14 May 2019 12:30:50 +0000: Bolton Wanderers: emergency food bank set up to help unpaid staff - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
- Staff have gone without wages for two weeks
- ‘It has hit home hard,’ says Bolton’s club chaplain
An emergency food bank has been set up to help Bolton Wanderers staff who have gone unpaid for two weeks.
The club’s Community Trust has received food and essential items from charities and local businesses to help employees and their families while Bolton, who entered administration on Monday, look for a solution so wages can be released.Continue reading...
- Mon, 13 May 2019 20:52:04 +0000: Bolton will start next season in League One with a 12-point deduction - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Points deduction enforced after Bolton appoint administrators
• EFL confirms sanction with club owing more than £1m to HMRC
Bolton Wanderers will start next season in League One with a 12-point deduction after going into administration, the EFL has announced.
The club said they would enter administration last week after the collapse of a proposed takeover by Laurence Bassini, and the adjournment of a winding-up order at a court hearing.
Premier LeagueContinue reading...
- Wed, 08 May 2019 10:19:59 +0000: Bolton placed into administration after rejecting Bassini takeover - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Championship club’s winding-up order adjourned again
• Chairman critical of former Watford owner’s ‘time wasting’
Bolton have been given more time to sort out their financial affairs by a judge at an insolvency and companies court hearing in London on Wednesday. Judge Clive Jones adjourned an application to wind up Bolton shortly after their chairman, Ken Anderson, announced he would be forced to place the club in administration.
The judge heard that Bolton, relegated from the Championship, owe the taxman more than £1m. A lawyer representing tax officials said Bolton had given notice of an intention to appoint an administrator and the judge said he would adjourn to seek confirmation. He added the case would be reconsidered on 22 May.Continue reading...
- Fri, 03 May 2019 17:19:10 +0000: Bolton move closer to administration after Brentford match cancelled - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Laurence Bassini still maintains he has funds for takeover
• EFL cancels match and raises prospect of administration
Expectation is growing at Bolton Wanderers that the club will go into administration after the owner, Ken Anderson, called off the proposed takeover by the former Watford owner Laurence Bassini and the English Football League cancelled the postponed Championship match at home to Brentford.
The EFL itself raised the prospect of administration in a statement on Thursday, which said that if it happened the league would not insist the Brentford game be played. On Friday the EFL cancelled the game, awarding Brentford a 1-0 win, after Bolton’s safety advisory group blocked it from being played at their stadium, as rescheduled, next Tuesday. The club’s staff are understood not to have been paid their wages for last month, which were due on 30 April.Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 May 2019 20:19:21 +0000: Bolton say proposed takeover of club by Laurence Bassini is off - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Wanderers will not enter into further discussions with Bassini
• Brentford match to be played after end of season
The proposed takeover of Bolton Wanderers by the former Watford owner Laurence Bassini is off after the club issued a statement saying “no further discussions will be entered into on the matter with him”.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip got Bolton FC has been archived below:
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 09:00:32 +0000: What the Carabao Cup Round One draw has in store - Bolton Wanderers News
Often unique and unpredictable, the Carabao Cup continues to fly the competition’s flag across the globe as teams discover their fate in draws held worldwide. From Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City, the 2019/20 Round One draw now stops at a popular London supermarket chain.
- Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:53:56 +0000: Transport information for tonight's Rod Stewart concert - Bolton Wanderers News
Organisers of tonight’s Rod Stewart concert at the University of Bolton Arena are reassuring fans there is adequate public transport to take them to and from the event.
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:56:00 +0000: Statement on behalf of the Joint Administrators for Bolton Wanderers - Bolton Wanderers News
The Joint Administrators for Bolton Wanderers can confirm a preferred bidder for the club has been identified and notified of their successful offer.
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Club confirms current contracted players - Bolton Wanderers News
Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that the following players are currently contracted to the Club as professionals or third year scholars.
- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:37:38 +0000: Statement on behalf of the Joint Administrators - Bolton Wanderers News
The Joint Administrators for Bolton Wanderers have set a deadline of 4pm on Wednesday 12 June for best and final offers for the club.
Bolton Wanderers who are still reeling from being relegated last season have been showing much interest in many new players during the closed season as manager Owen Coyle looks to reinforce his squad for next season. The manager has a number of targets on his radar as he hopes to take Bolton straight back up to England`s top flight next year.
The first player who looks set to arrive at the trotters next season is the highly thought of Leeds United goalkeeper Andy Lonergan who looks all set to pen a new three year deal for Bolton. The goalkeeper has only last season signed a new three year deal at Leeds but with places not being available for him in the squad he looks all set to be playing his football in the Midlands next season in a deal thought to be worth around three million pounds.
Former Bristol City midfielder Kalifa Cisses is another player who looks set to join Owen Coyles side as they have taken him on a trial basis from the club from the south. Coyle has long been a huge admirer of the player who has found his chances very limited at Bristol and is looking for a new challenge and the deal looks all set to go through on a permanent basis as long as the player passes a medical.
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu is another player being linked to the side from Bolton as the highly rated Spaniard looks set to leave Stamford Bridge after seeing his chances of first team action being dealt a huge blow by the arrival of Eden Hazard as well as the proposed signing of Brazilian midfielder Oscar.
Another player who has recently left Bolton is defender Mark Connolly who has just been acquired by Crawley Town on a two year contract. Connolly has found his chances with Bolton very limited and has had to branch out in his search for first team football with Coyle said to be quite disappointed with the players decision to leave.