The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 01 May 2018 07:39:43 +0000: Blackburn’s Mowbray out to crack Venky’s puzzle with passage to India | David Conn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
Rovers’ manager secured a return to the Championship and will ask for money this summer to make the club competitive
So Blackburn Rovers, the scrambled remains of the Jack Walker-funded club which once won the Premier League, have been promoted to the Championship, reversing the precipitous slide since they were bought in 2010 by Venky’s, the egg and chicken conglomerate of India.
After the recent 3-1 home victory against Peterborough United their manager, Tony Mowbray, told the Guardian he would travel to Pune this summer to talk to the Venky family and ask them to invest more of their money to give his team a chance next season. He did the same last summer after relegation and they released £1.5m, of which Mowbray spent £1.25m, including £750,000 signing Bradley Dack, the midfield craftsman whose performances have been outstanding.Continue reading...
- Tue, 24 Apr 2018 21:44:09 +0000: Football League round-up: Blackburn bounce back to the Championship - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Charlie Mulgrew’s header seals Rovers’ return at Doncaster
• Chesterfield drop into non-league football without playing
Charlie Mulgrew scored a late winner as Blackburn returned to the Championship with a 1-0 victory at Doncaster. Rovers have bounced straight back under Tony Mowbray, who failed to prevent their relegation last May on goal difference.
Premier LeagueContinue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jan 2018 18:07:38 +0000: Football League: Doncaster's Ferguson rages at 'disgusting' refereeing standards - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Ferguson says referee missed ‘blatant penalty’ against Plymouth
- Championship leaders Wolves are held as Derby see off Birmingham
• A sixth win in eight matches for Gary Rowett’s Derby County ensured they remain second in the table. As integral to their hopes of promotion as Rowett is striker Matej Vydra, who bagged his 15th goal this term – three times as many as he mustered last season – in a 3-0 win over lowly Birmingham. As for Wolves, they were forced to settle for a draw at Oakwell. Diego Jota struck the bar for the visitors while Barnsley introduced £750,000 recruit Kieffer Moore off the bench, but they played out a stalemate.Continue reading...
- Sat, 30 Dec 2017 20:16:54 +0000: Football League: Derby go second while nine-man MK Dons stun Posh - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Derby end December unbeaten with a 2-1 win at Ipswich to go second
• Nine-man MK Dons hang on for an hour to beat Peterborough
• Derby County completed an unbeaten December by going second in the Championship as they beat Ipswich 2-1 at Portman Road. Rams manager Gary Rowett described the win as their “biggest result of the season” and they got it with goals either side of half-time from Sam Winnall. Joe Garner got the Ipswich goal – the first conceded by Derby since their home defeat against the same opponents back in November – but the visitors stayed the course. Wolves’ last-gasp victory over Bristol City in the tea-time kick-off means Rowett’s team stay in the top two.Continue reading...
- Tue, 26 Dec 2017 19:01:00 +0000: Football League: Bristol City go second as Cardiff are hit for four by Fulham - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Bristol City 2-0 Reading; Millwall 2-2 Wolves
• Blackburn close on League One leaders; Luton hit five
Cardiff City’s blip continued as they followed defeat at Bolton with a heavy home loss to Fulham to drop out of the top two, allowing Bristol City to climb into the automatic promotion places.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 10:56:35 +0000: Benno looking forward to fixtures being revealed - Blackburn Rovers News
Midfielder discusses fixture release day and next season in the Championship
Fans favourite Elliott Bennett says he's itching for the Championship fixtures to be revealed ahead of Rovers' return to the second tie
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 08:49:33 +0000: Craig's got Rovers in his heart - Blackburn Rovers News
Boss happy to have the 33-year-old in the Rovers camp for another season at least
Tony Mowbray says it's important to have characters like Craig Conway in the Rovers camp ahead of the 2018-19 season
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 06:20:00 +0000: Tony: An exciting season ahead - Blackburn Rovers News
As we prepare for the release of the 2018/19 fixtures, the boss says there are plenty of games to look forward to
Fixture Release Day is almost upon us, and Rovers manager Tony Mowbray says there are plenty of games for fans and players alike to look forward to in 2018/19.
- Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:05:06 +0000: A hungry Graham will continue getting goals - Blackburn Rovers News
Danny will be handy for the present and the future for Rovers, says boss Tony Mowbray
Tony Mowbray believes keeping Danny Graham hungry will be key to both the team and the striker reaping rewards as the 2018-19 season draws ever closer.
- Tue, 19 Jun 2018 12:59:53 +0000: Dack can't wait for the new campaign to kick-off - Blackburn Rovers News
Bradley looking forward to test himself in a higher division, with the fixtures released later this week
The Championship fixtures are released this week, the 2018-19 campaign is getting closer and closer, and Rovers star Bradley Dack can't wait for the fun to start again.
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.