The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 28 Nov 2018 23:07:06 +0000: Championship roundup: West Brom come from behind to beat Swansea - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Dawson’s and Hegazi’s set-piece goals send West Brom fourth
• Derby midfielder Johnson accused over incident with Allen
West Brom continued their upturn with a 2-1 win at Swansea that took them to fourth place in the Championship. Central defenders Craig Dawson and Ahmed Hegazi punished slack Swansea set-piece marking to hand the visitors their third consecutive victory.
Oli McBurnie’s early effort gave Swansea the lead but West Brom were ahead by half-time and Darren Moore’s side saw out the game in comfortable fashion.Continue reading...
- Wed, 03 Oct 2018 21:35:11 +0000: Championship round-up: West Brom score twice in final five minutes for draw - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Harvey Barnes equaliser maintains unbeaten run
• Sheffield United beat Blackburn 2-0 to stay third
West Brom scored twice in the last five minutes to earn a 2-2 draw in the Championship at Sheffield Wednesday.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:25:51 +0000: Stoke’s miserable start to the season goes on as Will Grigg hits double for Wigan - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Stoke yet to win since relegation from Premier League
• Bolton third after beating Birmingham; Norwich beat Preston
Stoke City were handed a 3-0 home defeat by Wigan Athletic to continue their winless start to life in the Championship. Two goals from Will Grigg – the second from the penalty spot – and another from Gavin Massey saw the visitors win handsomely, while Stoke also had the defender Ashley Williams sent off for a second yellow card with 12 minutes remaining. Stoke have two points from their first four games.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 21:52:02 +0000: Carabao Cup roundup: Nottingham Forest survive on penalties against Bury - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
• Leeds 2-1 Bolton; Carlisle 1-5 Blackburn Rovers
• Middlesbrough see off Notts County; Exeter knock out Ipswich
Blackburn Rovers were one of the biggest winners in the first round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night when they thrashed Carlisle 5-1, with Adam Armstrong scoring twice at Brunton Park, although Mansfield beat that score with their 6-1 home win against Accrington. At the City Ground, Nottingham Forest, who went 1-0 down in the second minute and were down to 10 men after 33, scored through Matty Cash in the third minute of injury time to force their game with Bury to penalties. Forest then went through 10-9 in the shootout, with extra time not being used in any of the ties last night.
Leeds squeezed past Bolton 2-1 at Elland Road, with the Spanish forward Samuel Sáiz scoring the winning goal in the first half. Marcelo Bielsa praised his changed side, saying: “The performance of the team was balanced. We dominated the game.” Bristol Rovers beat Crawley 2-1 at home but Bristol City, also playing at home, crashed out 1-0 to Plymouth Argyle.Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:06:57 +0000: Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
Aston Villa, Derby and Stoke fans are feeling a lot more positive than their friends at Reading, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Wigan
After a turbulent off-season where administration looked like a real possibility, there is an air of positivity around the club following investment from two billionaires. For a while it looked like we’d have to sell our best players. As that no longer looks to be the case, I’m feeling hopeful. We’ll start the campaign with Jack Grealish, Andre Green and Jonathan Kodjia, who all were out of the side for significant periods last season. We are, however, weakened by the departures of Robert Snodgrass, Sam Johnstone and John Terry. Assuming there are no significant departures, Villa can challenge for a place in the play-offs at the very least. After Cardiff reached the Premier League last season, automatic promotion should not be beyond our wildest dreams. I predict we’ll finish fifth. Josh Smith
Related: Championship 2018-19 season previewContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 14:30:00 +0000: Gallery: Rovers' hospital visit - Blackburn Rovers News
The players put smiles on faces at Royal Blackburn Hospital this week
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 13:21:46 +0000: Boss looking forward to Birmingham battle - Blackburn Rovers News
Tony Mowbray has called for patience from the stands ahead of Saturday's game against the Blues at Ewood
Tony Mowbray has urged his side to look forward to this weekend's game against Birmingham City at Ewood Park as Rovers aim to record back-to-back victories on home turf.
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:45:00 +0000: Gallery: Final preparations for Birmingham clash - Blackburn Rovers News
All the images from Brockhall as Rovers gear up for Saturday's home game against the Blues at Ewood Park
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:10:00 +0000: Programme preview: Birmingham City (H) - Blackburn Rovers News
A look at what's in the matchday programme against the Blues at Ewood Park on Saturday afternoon
Rovers are back in home league action against Birmingham City and we've got a bumper matchday programme for you to pick up.
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 11:46:09 +0000: Rovers’ Christmas treat for poorly youngsters - Blackburn Rovers News
Players make annual visit to the Children's Ward at Royal Blackburn Hospital
Children at Royal Blackburn Hospital were given a special treat and a timely boost when Rovers’ first team stars played Santa for the day!
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.