The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:02:33 +0000: Daniel Farke in the saddle as Norwich gallop to the finishing line | Stuart James - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Despite a limited budget, Norwich top an unpredictable Championship and are heading for promotion
The standout line in a story about Daniel Farke, the Norwich City manager, on the Pink ’Un website this week was found in the penultimate paragraph. “A Banham Zoo spokesman said she did not know Farke had visited and could not confirm whether the head coach had taken part in its heavy horse experience.”
Farke and horses have taken on a life of their own in Norfolk ever since Norwich fans picked up on the fact that the German once rode into the stadium at SV Lippstadt 08, the club where he started his managerial career, in the saddle. There is a Norwich chant about Farke being on a horse and the 42-year-old was recently asked in a press conference whether he would consider celebrating promotion by trotting into Carrow Road. Farke did not rule it out and, for the record, it is also true that he visited Banham Zoo this week.Continue reading...
- Wed, 10 Apr 2019 21:04:35 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich and Sheffield United draw after losing leads - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Norwich 2-2 Reading; Birmingham 1-1 Sheffield United
• Aston Villa game at Rotherham features three penalties
Sheffield United’s manager, Chris Wilder, promised to keep his cool after their automatic promotion hopes suffered a blow at Birmingham. The Blades were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw as they missed the chance to climb back into the Championship’s top two on a night when the leaders, Norwich, also drew, in thrilling fashion with Reading.
Birmingham’s captain, Michael Morrison, cancelled out Enda Stevens’ goal to leave the Blades third, a point behind Leeds with five games left. They are seven points adrift of Norwich. Wilder said: “You guys will talk about it, the fans will talk about it, but I won’t. I will just talk about the accumulation of points. I can’t be a rollercoaster myself.Continue reading...
- Sat, 06 Apr 2019 16:40:44 +0000: Aston Villa’s Tammy Abraham rubs salt in Sheffield Wednesday’s wounds - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Dean Smith’s late introduction of Albert Adomah proved inspired as the Aston Villa substitute put his side ahead three minutes into added time before Tammy Abraham’s 95th-minute goal confirmed they would move into fifth place.
They are three points clear of Derby, who remain a place outside the play-off positions, while for Sheffield Wednesday defeat was a sizeable blow, leaving them six points and places from sixth-placed Bristol City.Continue reading...
- Wed, 03 Apr 2019 23:01:09 +0000: Five online gambling firms break UK rules on ads targeting children - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Watchdog uses child ‘avatars’ to catch out firms including Aston Villa sponsor Unibet
The UK advertising watchdog has caught five gambling firms, including Aston Villa’s sponsor Unibet, breaking strict rules that ban them from targeting children with online betting ads.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) created a number of child “avatars” – online profiles that simulate children’s online web browsing – to see the type of ads with which children are bombarded when they are online.Continue reading...
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.