The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:35:04 +0000: Gareth Farrelly: ‘It was a toxic, bullying culture for young players at Aston Villa’ - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Midfielder turned lawyer claims coach Kevin MacDonald left a ‘dark shadow’ over players at Villa and says it drove him to suicidal thoughts
“It was a culture of verbal and physical bullying, but there were no checks and balances; he operated with impunity … It was like a dark shadow came over.”
Gareth Farrelly, now 43 and a qualified lawyer, with a Premier League and international career behind him, is recalling the bullying he says he endured as a young player at Aston Villa in the 1990s from the coach Kevin MacDonald. It was a “relentlessly negative” regime under him.
I don’t accept it was the culture of the time. I believe he destroyed far more kids than he ever developed
It took me to a place at 20 that nobody should have to go to. And I wouldn’t wish it on anybodyContinue reading...
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:34:18 +0000: Aston Villa remove Kevin MacDonald from coaching after new bullying claims - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Gareth Farrelly alleges he and others were targeted in 1990s
• Villa launch independent investigation and report claims to FA
Aston Villa have suspended their long-serving youth coach Kevin MacDonald from working with players, after a former graduate of the club, Gareth Farrelly, came forward to tell the Guardian about his claims of relentless bullying from MacDonald in the mid-1990s.
Farrelly accused the coach of “incredibly aggressive, constant verbal and physical bullying” and said it “took me to a place at 20 that nobody should have to go to. And I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.”Continue reading...
- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 21:59:36 +0000: Jay Rodriguez gives West Brom late helping hand in draw with Aston Villa - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Jay Rodriguez scored a controversial injury-time equaliser with his hand as West Brom denied Aston Villa victory at the last in a crackling West Midlands derby on a wet night at the Hawthorns. After a hesitant opening few minutes Villa drew first blood. El Ghazi was given too much room to shoot from the edge of the box and the ball took two deflections, the first off Jake Livermore and the second off Ahmed Hegazi’s head, on its way into the net. El Ghazi celebrated but it was eventually ruled a Hegazi own-goal.Continue reading...
- Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:03:29 +0000: Tammy Abraham scores four as Aston Villa draw 5-5 with Nottingham Forest - Aston Villa | The Guardian
The Aston Villa manager, Dean Smith, struggled to comprehend how his side failed to win despite scoring five goals at home against Nottingham Forest.
Tammy Abraham scored four times as the hosts fought back from 2-0, 3-2 and 4-3 down but it proved in vain as 10-man Forest gained a remarkable 5-5 draw thanks to Lewis Grabban’s 82nd-minute equaliser.
Sit back and enjoy....Continue reading...
Tammy Abraham grabbed four goals for Aston Villa in a dramatic 5-5 Sky Bet Championship draw against 10-man Nottingham Forest.
More: https://t.co/fPVDc9vHFo pic.twitter.com/7xzKUvlgUf
- Sun, 25 Nov 2018 14:08:47 +0000: Alan Hutton’s stunner seals Aston Villa’s derby victory over Birmingham - Aston Villa | The Guardian
It was a moment Alan Hutton will certainly never forget. With 15 minutes of a raucous derby remaining and Villa leading 3-2, the veteran Scotland full-back set off on a mazy run from 10 yards inside his own half that took him past four players and ended with an emphatic curled finish with his left foot into the corner of Birmingham’s net.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.