The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 15 Jun 2019 13:41:38 +0000: Aston Villa target loan move for Chelsea teenager Ethan Ampadu - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Other clubs monitoring Welshman’s availability
• Villa’s John Terry knows Ampadu from Chelsea training
Aston Villa are interested in signing Ethan Ampadu on a season-long loan from Chelsea if the 18-year-old becomes available this summer. Ampadu, who played more for his country than his club last season, is set to be targeted by Villa should Chelsea decide that the Wales international would benefit from playing regular first-team football elsewhere for a year.
Ampadu, who joined Chelsea from Exeter City two years ago, is highly rated and several other clubs are monitoring his potential availability – something that will only become clear once Maurizio Sarri’s replacement at Stamford Bridge has had an opportunity to assess the squad.Continue reading...
- Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:09:56 +0000: Aston Villa to sign Wesley Moraes from Club Bruges for club record £22m - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Brazilian striker to join subject to work permit
• Southampton secure signing of Moussa Djenepo for £14m
Aston Villa have announced the signing of Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes from Club Bruges for what is understood to be a club record fee of £22m.
Villa confirmed on Thursday that they have reached agreement with the Belgium side subject to a work permit and international clearance. The 22-year-old’s fee eclipses the £18m Villa paid to sign Darren Bent from Sunderland in 2011.Continue reading...
- Thu, 06 Jun 2019 11:30:39 +0000: Aston Villa to sign Anwar El Ghazi from Lille for £8m after successful loan - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Villa trigger option to buy 24-year-old from French club
• Former Ajax player follows Jota as second summer signing
Aston Villa will complete the signing of Anwar El Ghazi from Lille in the next 24 hours after triggering the option to buy the 24-year-old winger following his successful loan last season. Villa agreed a fee when El Ghazi joined on loan last August – understood to be £8m.
El Ghazi scored six goals for Villa last season, including the first in the 2-1 Championship play-off final victory over Derby. He also had a hand in the second goal at Wembley and said after the game that he hoped to extend his stay and play for the club in the Premier League.Continue reading...
- Wed, 05 Jun 2019 16:31:36 +0000: Transfer roundup: Aston Villa snap up Jota from Birmingham City - Aston Villa | The Guardian
- Attacker reunited with manager Dean Smith
- Bayern deny making bid for City’s Leroy Sané
Aston Villa have signed Jota from rivals Birmingham for an undisclosed fee. The 27-year-old Spanish attacker has signed a two-year contract with the Premier League club. He is reunited at Villa Park with Dean Smith, who was also his manager at Brentford.
“He’s a superb, talented player and Birmingham signed him as their record transfer,” said the Villa manager. “I’m really happy to have him back working with us. He’s got great ability, great balance and a great eye for both goals and assists.”Continue reading...
- Thu, 30 May 2019 14:46:03 +0000: Aston Villa's top priorities as they prepare for the Premier League - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Villa should be wary of repeating the mistakes Fulham made year when building a squad for the top flight
Aston Villa are back in the big time after three seasons in the Championship. Their 2-1 victory over Derby in the play-off final banishes the memory of their trip to Wembley last year, when they were as flat as Frank Lampard’s side were on Monday. Jack Grealish performed well in that 1-0 defeat to Fulham but the boyhood Villa fan and academy graduate was carrying an ageing side that ultimately ran out of steam.
It was a different story this time around. Grealish had one of his quietest games of the season against Derby, while numerous others stepped up. This crop of players are more prepared for a return to the top flight, though there is work to be done over the summer.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.