The Latest Aston Villa FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 08 Feb 2019 21:56:08 +0000: Andre Green caps astonishing Aston Villa comeback against Sheffield United - Aston Villa | The Guardian
A thrilling Aston Villa comeback with three goals in the dying stages of a game dominated by Sheffield United robbed the Blades of top spot in the Championship and turned Billy Sharp’s joy at scoring a hat-trick into ashes.
Sharp appeared to have taken United to the top on goal difference with three goals from close range, but two goalkeeping mistakes in quick succession by Dean Henderson turned the game upside down before Andre Green sent Villa Park wild when he headed home the equaliser in the fourth minute of injury time.Continue reading...
- Wed, 06 Feb 2019 10:00:35 +0000: Ambling Aston Villa must step up or face another Championship season | Ben Fisher - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Dean Smith’s expensively assembled side go into three crucial matches in sore need of a run of wins but the defender Tommy Elphick expects them to handle the pressure
The good news for Aston Villa is that they can still take points off the eight teams above them but, with 16 games to go, time is running out if the club have designs of avoiding a fourth consecutive season in the Championship. One win from seven matches has left a faltering Villa off the pace, chugging behind in the race to reach the play-offs. For too long, all season in truth, what would be the most expensively assembled squad in the division but for Stoke City have flattered to deceive, a reality that cost Steve Bruce his job and led to the arrival of Dean Smith, who grew up in Great Barr, four miles from Villa Park.
On the horizon, a crucial period of three potential season-defining games in nine days beckons, starting with Sheffield United at home on Friday.
This manager comes with a structure and a plan that maybe needs a little bit of time to get it where he wants itContinue reading...
- Thu, 24 Jan 2019 22:30:18 +0000: Yannick Bolasie faces Everton departure despite return from loan - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Crystal Palace may offer Bolasie escape route from Everton
• No bid from Paris Saint-Germain for Idrissa Gana Gueye
Marco Silva has told Yannick Bolasie there is little prospect of him playing for Everton this season as Crystal Palace consider a move for their former winger.
The Democratic Republic of the Congo international surprised Everton on Monday when he activated a break clause in a season-long loan deal with Aston Villa to return to Merseyside. The 29-year-old, who struggled to secure a regular starting place at the Championship club, did not inform Silva in advance of his decision and adds an extra £70,000 to Everton’s weekly wage bill.Continue reading...
- Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:57:04 +0000: Everton’s Yannick Bolasie cuts short Aston Villa loan spell - Aston Villa | The Guardian
• Forward wants to win back starting spot at Everton
• Villa have recalled Andre Green from loan
Yannick Bolasie has rejoined Everton after making it clear to Aston Villa that he would like to try to force his way back into the first team at Goodison Park.
Bolasie moved to Villa on loan in August and was expected to stay for the remainder of the season, but his form has been indifferent and it is understood that the winger’s desire to return to Everton was not met with any resistance by the Championship club.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:11:34 +0000: The best young players in the Championship this season - Aston Villa | The Guardian
Tammy Abraham turned down a move to the Premier League this week. He is not the only youngster who could step up
Tammy Abraham has already been offered a chance to play in the Premier League in this transfer window. He rejected a loan move to Wolves earlier this week in favour of staying with Aston Villa to help with their push for promotion. Not every player would turn down a Premier League club but his decision may prove wise. There’s little doubt the 21-year-old striker will be a Premier League player next season, wherever that may be, so his choice to stick with a side and system that play to his strengths is admirable. Abraham, who has two England caps, is the joint top scorer in the Championship this season with 16 goals in 20 appearances – and 12 of those goals have come in his last 10 games. Rating: 7.40Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 09:01:06 +0000: Villa wait on Terry contract offer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa do not expect immediate progress in their bid to sign John Terry after making him a lucrative contract offer.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 11:26:51 +0000: Villa chief executive Wyness suspended - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is suspended from football activity for three weeks for social media misconduct.
- Thu, 18 May 2017 12:51:32 +0000: CEO Wyness dismisses Villa budget fears - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Aston Villa | BBC
Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness is confident of signing transfer targets within manager Steve Bruce's budget.
Aston Villa are now looking to strengthen their squad for the up coming season with a large number of new players touted to be on the clubs radar in the closed season. The club has been boosted lately by the resigning of goalkeeper Brad Guzan who left the club at the end of last season. The American keeper has now penned a new lucrative three year deal which will keep him at Villa park until the end of the 2015 season.
Another huge target for the club this season is Blackburns Steven N`Zonzi who is also a top target for Sunderland, Tottenham and Stoke City with the midfielder stating that he has no intention of playing football in the championship. The Frenchman is thought to be available for a fee of around five million pounds and would welcome the chance to play in the English top flight again.
Blackpool winger Matt Phillips is also believed to be on the clubs radar as the championship side looked doomed to lose their influential winger as a host of top flight clubs are now vying for his signature. The twenty one year old has had a brilliant season for his club and now looks set to move to the premier league with clubs such as Everton, Wigan, Reading and Sunderland all in for the winger.
Sheffield United defender Matt Lowton is another target for the Villa Park outfit as Paul Lambert looks to strengthen his back line for the new season and the player is thought to be his top target for his defence. Lowton is now regarded as one of the hottest prospects in English football but Villa will need to fight off stern interest from additional clubs such as feyenoord and Bersiktas.