The Latest Arsenal FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates for 2017 – 2018 have been added below:
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:02:53 +0000: Everton’s Cenk Tosun targets goals as Theo Walcott completes £20m move - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Turkey striker hopes to fill Romelu Lukaku void
• ‘I want the club to push to the next level,’ Walcott says
Cenk Tosun believes he and Theo Walcott can fill the void created by Romelu Lukaku’s departure from Everton after the winger completed his move from Arsenal for an initial £20m.
Everton have spent more than £40m overhauling their attack this month with an initial £21m paid to bring Tosun from Besiktas followed by the arrival on Wednesday of Walcott. The England international ended a 12-year Arsenal career to become Sam Allardyce’s second signing as Everton manager. He is expected to earn £110,000 a week plus bonuses at Goodison Park – matching his Arsenal salary – over a three-and-a-half year contract.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:12:20 +0000: Manchester United may secure Alexis Sánchez without Mkhitaryan move - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Mourinho hopeful club’s robust finances can fund signing
• Some disquiet at Old Trafford over stance of player’s agent
Manchester United could buy Alexis Sánchez from Arsenal even if Henrikh Mkhitaryan refuses to move the other way. José Mourinho hopes Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, would sign off a deal financed without money from the Armenian’s sale.
Mino Raiola, Mkhitaryan’s agent, has claimed his player holds the key to Sánchez’s transfer to United in a transaction that would be worth around £60m once the Chilean’s fee and that of his agent are factored in.Continue reading...
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 19:23:00 +0000: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s media war could play into Arsenal’s hands | Ed Aarons - Arsenal | The Guardian
Striker suspended by Borussia Dortmund for the third time has a deteriorating relationship with the German press
Even a decade after he left to join Milan as a 17-year-old apprentice, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang still regards the picturesque medieval town of Laval in western France as his home. Last summer the Borussia Dortmund forward, who could replace Alexis Sánchez at Arsenal, had just beaten Robert Lewandowski to finish as the Bundesliga’s top scorer with 31 goals when he was spotted wearing a shirt he had exchanged with Antoine Griezmann as he played a game of five-a-side with his friends in the Park de Saint-Berthevin.
“It allows me to maintain my shape,” he explained. “Every time I leave Laval, I feel really good, my body is rested. I’m going back to Dortmund full of energy.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 18:29:00 +0000: Arsène Wenger called referee Mike Dean ‘a disgrace’ after West Brom penalty - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Arsenal manager accused official of ‘not being honest’
• Referee gave Albion controversial spot-kick in New Year’s Eve draw
Arsène Wenger accused the referee Mike Dean of not being honest and branded him a “disgrace” in a heated exchange following December’s 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns.
The Football Association has published its reasons for Wenger’s three-game touchline suspension and it shines a spotlight on the manager’s unhappiness following the New Year’s Eve clash. Wenger was furious after Dean awarded West Brom a late penalty when Calum Chambers was adjudged to have handled Kieran Gibbs’s cross late on and Jay Rodriguez dispatched the equaliser.Continue reading...
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:30:15 +0000: Alexis Sánchez move to Manchester United may hinge on Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Arsenal | The Guardian
• Armenian yet to decide on possible move to Emirates
• Antonio Conte does not think Chelsea are trying to sign Sánchez
Manchester United’s hopes of buying Arsenal’s Alexis Sánchez may recede should Henrikh Mkhitaryan not wish to move to the north London club, with the Armenian carefully weighing up his options before a possible move from Old Trafford.Continue reading...
Historic News Stories have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:24:32 +0000: Arsenal have bid rejected for Lacazette - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Arsenal have a bid rejected for France international striker Alexandre Lacazette, but negotiations are still ongoing with Lyon.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:53:47 +0000: Arsenal in Meadow Park groundshare deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Boreham Wood agree a 10-year groundshare deal with Women's Super League club Arsenal Ladies and Arsenal's youth teams.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:16:16 +0000: The stars helping Grenfell Tower victims - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Here are just some of the many famous people who are helping out those affected by last week's tragedy.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Arsenal | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
The summer transfer action is beginning to come hard and fast for Arsenal as they now have begun to receive many offers for the want away Dutch striker Robin Van Persie who is out of contract with the gunner at the end of next season. The clubs star player has made it clear he will not be signing a new contract with the gunners and this has prompted all of Europe’s top clubs to begin a bidding war for the phenomenal striker.
Another player who could be set to leave the Emirates stadium is Carlos Vela who is now in the middle of discussions for a transfer to the Spanish side Real Sociedad who are thought to be lining up a £5.000.000 deal for the Mexican international. Vela has been on the sidelines for some time now and it is clear that his future lies elsewhere and away from London.
The capture of Lucas Podolski from Cologne a few weeks back was meant to signal the start of a new era at Arsenal as the club have been trophy less for the past five years. The German international was seen as the perfect partner for Robin Van Persie but with the Dutch striker certainly on his way out of the Emirates it is now more than likely that Podolski will be leading the line along with another new signing up from in the form of up and coming superstar Olivier Giroud.
Another player who could be leaving the London club this summer is Marouane Chamakh who has found himself out of the picture at Arsenal for the past twelve month and has only started a handful of games during this time. The Morroccan international is wanted by Fiorentina and Dutch champions Ajax and the striker is keen on a move to either of these sides in search of first team football.
Arsenal are also said to be in for the highly thought of Egyptian defender Islam Ramadan who plays for his homeland club Haras El Hodood with the twenty one year old thought to be an integral part of Wengers new defensive plans. Ramadan has also attracted a huge amount of interest from some of Europe’s leading clubs including Lyon, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon.